Senior CAD Designer
- Westford, MA
Who We Are:
We are Nexius, and we’re using the power of curiosity, excitement and intelligence to shape the future of communications. Every day, our talented team members are working with communications providers in 25 countries, designing and building their networks to accommodate new customers and new services, and providing strategic services and business intelligence to help them make smart decisions that keep their businesses competitive and growing.
Network operators partner with our Network Deployment group for its continuous, ahead-of-the-curve innovation, and progressive approach to building networks that advance schedules, reduce costs, and increase quality of service. Our delivery teams leverage state-of-the-art software and automation tools, such as AccuV, providing unequaled consistency, accuracy, and visibility.
We're looking for:
A Senior CAD Designer to join our growing team in the Westford, MA or Frisco, TX areas. The Senior CAD Designer will be responsible for working with Lead Engineers to deliver high-quality drawings utilizing AutoCAD.
What you'll do:
- Maintain advanced knowledge of wireless equipment and compound layouts.
- Prepare design development drawings on AutoCAD from preliminary design drawings, field sketches, and site visits.
- Produce A&E drawings with accuracy and attention to details. Performs basic design computations.
- Translate sketches, verbal and written information into CAD drawings
- Organize the layout of plans, details and schedules on the CAD drawings.
- Assist in scheduling the assigned projects by developing charts and revising schedules under the direction of the project manager.
- Check own work to ensure that all redlined corrections are fully and accurately transferred to the CAD files.
- Give direction and training to new, and other, CAD Designer staff members.
The Qualities You Possess:
- Excellent communication skills
- Being a team player in the truest sense
- A work ethic to drive projects and tasks to finish on time, while maintaining excellent attention to detail and quality
The Skills and Background You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering or a related field.
- 5-10 years of experience utilizing AutoCAD in the telecommunications industry.
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position is exempt based on the FLSA laws. Nexius uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.