AWS DevOps Engineer
- Mountain View, CA
Nexius is a technology solutions provider, integrating community-sourced, software-driven innovations, to create more intelligent networks, from inception to execution. We are fearless liberators of network potential, agitating for the infinite network.Who We’re Looking For:
Nexius is currently seeking to hire an AWS DevOps Engineer to join our growing team in Mountain View, CA.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage site reliability and performance
- Create tools/scripts to help in build and deployment (Terraform / Chef / Docker)
- Troubleshoot issues and participate in 24x7 on-call support, ensuring the stability of the production environment.
- Create, maintain, and document tools and automation for handling system state and operations across a complex global infrastructure.
- Actively participate in Engineering SCRUM and design meetings to drive operability requirements for the system.
The Qualities You Possess:
- Being a team player in the truest sense, with an ability to work with partners across different time zones
- A work ethic to drive projects and tasks to finish on time, overcoming any obstacles along the way
- A desire to take the initiative, seizing opportunities when you see them
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Expert problem-solving capabilities and ability to think outside the box.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
The Skills and Background You’ll Bring:
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Min 4-5 years of DevOps experience
- Experience building Chef/Automation tools
- Experience in developing pipelines on AWS environments
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins
- Strong Linux/unix background and Advanced scripting knowledge e.g Python, Ruby, Java etc.