IP Network Engineer
- Mexico City, Mexico
We are Nexius, and we’re using the power of curiosity, excitement and intelligence to shape the future of communications. Every day, our talented team members are working with communications providers in 25 countries, designing and building their networks to accommodate new customers and new services, and providing strategic services and business intelligence to help them make smart decisions that keep their businesses competitive and growing.
Our Technology group collaborates with service providers to leverage technologies to their full potential-evolving networks, applications, data centers, and devices to support automation and open implementations.
Who We’re Looking For:
An IP Network Engineer to join our growing team in Mexico City, MX.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop methods of procedure to update service provider edge networks
- Participate in the change management process as a contributor, reviewer, implementer
- Work closely with project managers in defining, tracking and reporting tasks and milestones
- Provide as-built documentation for system deployments
- A curious mind, identifying new trends and diving into new learning opportunities to help your career grow.
- A talent to communicate in various forms to express (in writing and presentation) and listen as a team player; and a knack to document and present your accomplishments.
- A desire to seize opportunities, take initiative and collaborate to solve problems, and follow through until closure.
- The art and science of organization, planning, implementing and tracking everything you do.
The Skills and Background You’ll Bring:
- Administration of IP addressing
- Knowledge of OSPF and BGP Protocols
- Knowledge & Management of MPLS Layer 3 VPNs
- Knowledge of Static Routing
- Experience in troubleshooting Alcatel-Lucent routers: 7750 SR, 7705 SAR
- Min. 3 years of telecom and networking experience
- Degree in Networking, Telecommunications, Systems, or similar
- CCNP certification a plus
- Fluent in Spanish, spoken and written, and proficient in English
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position is exempt based on the FLSA laws. Nexius uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.