Data Scientist, Experimentation
- Carrer de la Ciutat de Granada, Barcelona, Spain
- Department: Data
- Contract Type: Long term/Permanent contract
We’re a world-leading online classifieds business that reaches more than 200 million people each month through our household name brands across 11 countries. We connect buyers with sellers and facilitate transactions, from job offers to real estate, cars, consumer goods and more. Our leading local marketplaces include Leboncoin in France, InfoJobs in Spain, Subito in Italy, Jofogás in Hungary, and Segundamano in Mexico. Our mission is to drive positive sustainable change in the world by helping everyone and everything find a new purpose.
Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Paris and Barcelona. Their goal is to develop common global product and innovation platforms which all of our brands can use. This means using cutting edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.
Reporting to the Product Lead for Experimentation & Analytics Effectiveness, you will join a team of engineering and product managers and work to bring experimentation algorithms and causal inference methods into production at scale for use by decision-makers across Adevinta.
We are committed to using cutting-edge technology to build tools that help Analysts inform their decision-making and work more efficiently.
What you will do
- Take ownership and drive topics within actual work streams
- Drive and ensure operational readiness for our systems
- Drive and leverage team excellence and exchange experiences
- Review and improve cost-efficiency of the Experimentation platform
- Support and guide research engineers and data scientists in advanced engineering topics
- A/BS degree in (or comparative experience) in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Solid industry experience in AB testing, Big Datastream, and batch processing
- Great coding skills in Python, Scala is a plus
- Team player with strong driver capabilities
- Communication skills and stakeholder management with analysts and engineers
What you'll get from us
- Competitive compensation package
- A unique position in an international and dynamic environment
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organization
- The chance to be a key player in a growing, highly skilled team
- Great colleagues and a healthy working environment
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, choose your phone and computer
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- Flexible benefits program (transport, restaurants, child-care, etc)
- 26 days of holidays
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. If any of the above ticks your boxes, then why not Apply Now to find out more
The health of our employees is very important to us. Due to Covid-19 all of our employees currently have the option to work from home full-time or, depending on the local situation and government regulations, they may go into the office following all safety protocols. This means that our interviews are currently taking place virtually. We are reviewing the situation on a regular basis and want to ensure that we follow all governmental guidelines and put the health of our people first.