- Buffalo, NY
Admar Supply, part of The DiMarco Group, is the largest independently owned provider of construction equipment and supplies throughout upstate New York, including the Southern Tier and Hudson Valley. We offer superior customer service and on-time deliveries of aerial work platforms, rough-terrain forklifts, excavators, compressors, pumps, generators, concrete solutions, and compaction, along with an extensive service and parts department.
The Branch Manager directs all activities of the assigned branch, focusing on achievement of the branch goals while providing quality customer service that is delivered through well trained and motivated branch staff.
- Manages the operation of the branch by directly and indirectly supervising employees. Meets on a regular basis to communicate branch objectives and goals, and branch operating performance to all employees. Encourages employee feedback and participation in branch activities.
- Works with Corporate staff in the development of branch fiscal goals and sales targets. Monitors branch progress against established goals and adjusts operations and procedures as needed to meet goals.
- Monitors the use of all branch assets to insure effective utilization of personnel and materials.
- Reviews and monitors the knowledge and skill level of all branch staff to identify development and training needs. Works with corporate staff to arrange employee participation in training and development programs.
- Works with the Sales and Marketing Departments to enhance the public awareness of the branch and the services it can provide. Participates in various industry, association and community activities to develop and maintain a good rapport with current customers and prospects.
- Oversees the physical layout and presentation of the branch facility. Monitors merchandise displays, and ensures the entire branch facility is clean and safe.
- Monitors activity within the branch to observe the quality of customer service being provided by employees. Provides assistance to customers as needed. Provides additional training to employees if needed.
- Directly supervise all Branch employees.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for hiring, training, planning, assigning and directing work, performance management, rewarding, addressing complaints, resolving problems and disciplining.
- Ensures service department group, inside sales, and dispatch/logistics all function as a team maximizing efficiency and customer experience.
- Regular review of manager suite of reports for compliance, accuracy and productivity.
- Continually monitors inside sales and counter activity, contract pricing and accuracy.
- Regularly meets with Rental Manager and Service Manager to define daily/weekly plan.
- Directs all sales and customer related activity.
- Holds weekly sales meetings to review progress of outside sales reps.
- Rides with sales reps periodically to offer support, coaching, development.
- Monitors monthly sales goals for reps.
- Familiar with top target jobsites, projects, Reed Data.
- Develops strong relationships with top customers.
- Participates in industry associations and community activities.
Financial Management :
- Monitors revenue activity, expense and overhead in relation to budget, makes adjustments to meet goals and impact branch profitability.
- Awareness of credit procedures and adherence to customer aging policy.
- Creates plan to manage and return or transfer slow moving parts, merchandise and small equipment. Formulate plan with Director of Branch Operations to sell under-utilized or aging assets.
- Instrumental in determining branch budgets and salesmen goals and forecasts for fiscal year.
- Authorizes all new hires, personal action plans, pay increases and promotions working closely with H/R.
- Ensures all employees are clear on expectations and job duties and responsibilities.
- Identify and coordinate training opportunities at all levels within the branch to encourage employee growth and company commitment to excellence.
- Conduct annual employee performance evaluations.
- Ensures a safe working environment by conducting regular safety meetings, audits and assuring we are in compliance with DOT, OSHA and ANCI.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; minimum of five years’ experience in an middle to upper management role; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of the construction equipment rental industry required; experience in construction industry extremely helpful.
Work Environment/ Physical Demands:
The Branch Manager is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, talk and hear. Lifting and/or moving of equipment up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and peripheral vision.
The work environment is usually that of a typical office but can involve exposure to heat, cold, dust, fumes, and noise.
Other: Some travel required – combination of day and overnight travel.
ADMAR was founded by individuals familiar with the frustration of finding reliable, accessible sources for equipment and supplies. We built our business around a commitment to meeting the many needs of contractors with a full range of equipment provided by top manufacturer brands. We believe that with an unmatched combination of competitive pricing and personal service, we will be the supplier of choice for all types of contractors. The Admar Supply Company also offers a competitive benefits package that includes generous medical and dental coverage, life and disability insurance, as well as 401 (k) and numerous other benefits.
Admar Supply is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.