Technical / Security Administrator
- Wilmington, DE
Advance Central Services, Inc. is a shared services company that provides critical functions that support the goals, objectives and missions of Advance Publications, Inc.'s five media groups, five ACS business units and more than two dozen newspapers across the United States. The company's services include strategic sourcing, finance and accounting, human resources, technology solutions, production and facilities services and circulation. Advance Central Services, Inc. is a subsidiary of Advance Publications, Inc., a privately held communications company that directly or through subsidiaries also owns Condé Nast Publications, Parade Publications, Fairchild Publications, American City Business Journals and the Golf Digest Companies; Advance Publications' subsidiaries also have extensive interests in cable television, as well as in Internet sites related to its print publications. For more information about Advance Central Services, Inc., please visit www.advancecentralservices.com.
You’ll join the Technical Administration team to assist primarily in security, but with the understanding that you'll act as a generalist. To this end, you'll be constantly acquiring new skills and expanding your expertise across multiple platforms. Your high-level goal will be to help provide application environments that:
- Meet business needs and timeframes.
- Comply with security directives.
- Comply with change control methods and standards.
- Are available within defined tolerances across the systems life cycle, from development through testing to production.
You’ll spend your days performing operational duties to support production applications, including vendor file transfers, second level customer support, and troubleshooting. An important piece of your responsibilities will be to help design, maintain, and implement end-user allocation security for the systems that fall under the team’s control.
- Maintain ACSI-specific software and hardware at remote locations (scanners, scan stations, printers, sealers).
- Perform routine operational support requests and security changes across diverse systems for end users and developers.
- Manage and maintain application software for systems with high availability requirements throughout their life cycles.
- Install, update, configure, monitor and troubleshoot applications in development, test, training, and production environments.
- Work with systems administrators and project teams to define requirements and implement system changes to ensure business needs are accommodated.
> At least one year of application security administration experience, and at least one year of system administration experience.
> Application based technical knowledge in at least a few of the following areas:
- PeopleSoft (tools, administration, data management, patches/updates and performance). Working knowledge of PeopleSoft security and related areas (row-level security, class design, auditing and password management)
- Document scanning software such as Kofax or equivalent
- Document management software such as Opentext Content Server / Livelink or equivalent
- Hyperion / Essbase knowledge is a plus; basic skills including knowledge of DML / SQL
> Systems infrastructure based knowledge in at least a few of the following areas:
- RDBMS – Oracle 11 / SQL Server or equivalent background
- Operating Systems – Linux or UNIX with shell scripting, Windows 2008 administration
- Web Servers - Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) compatible web server (Weblogic / Apache / Tomcat) or ISS
- Citrix knowledge is a plus
> Exposure to multiple projects (full life cycle) effective application and technical application support working within integrated consulting and client teams
> A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
> The flexibility to work outside of traditional business hours, including nights and weekends as necessary, and to participate in an off-hours support rotation
Advance Central Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.