- St. Joseph, MI
Advanced Dermatology, PLLC is a medical practice that was started by Dermatologist Mark A. Kuriata, DO, FAOCD in St. Joseph, Michigan in 1999. Now operating out of three locations in Southwest Michigan, Advanced Dermatology has grown to serve thousands of patients in the community every year. The practice offers treatments for a variety of dermatological skin care concerns as well as different outpatient surgical techniques to remove and treat skin cancers. A cosmetic branch of the practice also offers the highest quality cosmetic skin treatments in Southwest Michigan, including Botox and other injectables, as well as laser therapy and more. In addition to Dr. Kuriata, two highly skilled and trained Physician Assistants and three Residents see and treat patients at the practice.
REPORTS TO: Clerical Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for patient check-in, treating all patients in a professional and courteous manner. Reviews patient charts to verify necessary information and signatures have been obtained. Enters new patient information into computer. Ensures the patient feels welcome to the practice. Responsible for checking out all patients and collection of payment. Explains all charges to patients including any fees they will be responsible for. Verifies all insurance and address information.
1. Patient Check-In
• Responsible for patient check-in, greeting each patient in a pleasant and professional manner.
• Tracks patients in the reception area and communicates with them as needed.
• Evaluates chart data to verify all information has been received and completed, and signatures obtained.
• Photocopies patient insurance cards.
• Ensures that proper authorization or referral is collected from each patient.
• Assists patients in obtaining authorization or referrals that have not been received by the practice.
• Enters all new patient demographic information into the computer.
• Puts charts in bin for specific physician or technician.
• Marks arrival time of patients in office and makes sure that patients are seen on time.
2. Patient Check-Out
• Processes patients at conclusion of visit. Reviews fee sheets for correct charges and diagnosis marked; enters information into computer.
• Schedules return appointments for follow-up.
• Explains all fees and patient financial responsibility.
• Verifies patient insurance and address information.
• Collects fee for services.
• Ensures patient satisfaction.
3. Administrative – may entail any combination of the duties below
• Places telephone calls to new patients to confirm upcoming appointments and verifies information required of the patient at the time of appointment.
• Places telephone calls to no-show appointments; reschedules as needed.
• Schedules follow-up appointments.
• Provides back-up support on telephones.
• Closes journal at the end of the day and prepares deposit. Assures that journals balance.
• Secures the deposit, money box and all un-posted checks within the safe.
• Compiles a daily list of all patients requiring preauthorization for subsequent office visits and procedures. Presents this list to the supervisor on a daily basis.
• Maintains updated billing procedures and correct coding modifiers.
• Performs other duties as required.
PLEASE NOTE: Receptionists must be willing to travel to satellite office locations in Niles, Dowagiac and South Haven.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Two-years minimum experience in a medical practice or as administrative support staff.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Excellent customer service and communication skills.
2. Demonstrates concern for patient’s problems.
3. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
4. Good problem-solving skills.
5. Able to work as a team member.
6. Well-organized with attention to detail.
7. Treats patients and co-workers with respect.
To apply, click the "I'm Interested" button at the top of this posting to submit your cover letter and resume.
Because of the high volume of applications we receive at our practice, we also ask that you do not call, mail, email or visit the practice to inquire about the status of your application. All applications must be submitted via the online jobs portal and will be reviewed and kept on file by our Human Resources department. If we are interested in conducting an interview with you, we will contact you through your given contact information.