Appointment Secretary/Phone Receptionist
- Niles, MI
Advanced Dermatology, PLLC is a medical practice that was started by Dermatologist Mark A. Kuriata, DO, FAOCD in St. Joseph, Michigan in 1999. Now operating out of three locations in Southwest Michigan, Advanced Dermatology has grown to serve thousands of patients in the community every year. The practice offers treatments for a variety of dermatological skin care concerns as well as different outpatient surgical techniques to remove and treat skin cancers. A cosmetic branch of the practice also offers the highest quality cosmetic skin treatments in Southwest Michigan, including Botox and other injectables, as well as laser therapy and more.
POSITION: Appointment Secretary/Phone Receptionist
DEPARTMENT: Front Office
REPORTS TO: Front Office Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: Schedules all patient appointments in a professional, accurate, and courteous manner. Ensures the patient feels welcome to the practice. Monitors and modifies physician scheduling templates as necessary to maximize efficiency. Acts as the first line of communication for all calls to the office.
1. Appointment Scheduling
• Conducts daily review of schedule status for the remainder of the week and the
following two weeks.
• Schedules all appointments with the appropriate physician.
• Confirms appointments daily.
• Cancels and reschedules appointments as necessary; conducts follow-up on no-shows.
• Monitors and modifies the physicians’ daily schedules.
• Creates the scheduling calendar from month to month.
2. Phone Reception
• Responsible for answering questions about the practice and directing calls as needed.
• Responsible for making sure all calls to the office are answered in a fast and timely manner while providing excellent customer service.
3. Miscellaneous Duties
• Assists in general office duties and other duties as required.
PLEASE NOTE: This is for a part-time position that will be located at our satellite clinic in Niles, Michigan three days per week.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Two years minimum experience in medical setting.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to effectively triage calls from patients to ensure appropriate scheduling.
2. Excellent customer service and communication skills.
3. Ability to work as a team member.
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
5. Empathetic with patients’ needs and concerns.
6. Well organized with attention to detail.
To submit an online application and resume to us, please visit our website at www.advanced-dermatology.com/employment-opportunities.html or submit your information to us via this website. Please be sure to include an attachment with a copy of your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would make a good candidate for this job, as well as your wage requirements. Thank you!