Cloud Operations Engineer/Dev Ops
- Mountain View, CA
Do you want to get in on the ground floor of a successful, top tier VC funded Silicon Valley Big Data company and help companies solve their marketing intelligence problems by leveraging the power of cloud computing? Started in 2005 and prior to raising our Series A round with Sequoia Capital, we were a bootstrapping revenue-streaming machine and generated significant revenue and profits in addition to servicing dozens of companies around the world.
We are always looking for smart, innovative people that value the rewards of hard work. You will contribute to a thriving and successful company on its way to the top.
We are looking for a Cloud Operations Engineer to be part of building the infrastructure for a disruptive big data business intelligence and predictive analytics cloud service.
You will be a key member of the Technical Operations staff in building a next generation, elastic, big data management platform for business analytics and advanced predictive data analysis. You will be responsible for building a hardware infrastructure with databases, virtualization layers, nosql, and processing infrastructure and also use external cloud services when appropriate. You will develop software and automation to effectively manage and monitor the infrastructure to meet our trust standards and interface with developers in automating deployment and needs for growing the infrastructure to meet our demands.
We are looking to fill multiple positions requiring varying levels of experience, anything from freshly out of college to experienced operators may be a fit. Most important is your willingness, and ability to learn independently, your ability to bring complex tasks to completion, and your creativity in providing simple and elegant solutions for unique challenges.
- Operating systems management skills, in particular Debian based Linux systems.
- Expertise in hardware systems architecture, storage solutions, and disaster recovery.
- Experience with virtualization and private ‘cloud’ management solutions.
- Experience and knowledge in networking architecture and security.
- Extensive experience with management of RDBMS.
- Experience with Amazon EC2 and related services.
- Familiarity with Java and Python programming languages and their respective environments.
- Willingness to work in a high communication DevOps environment.
- Sarcasm and a strong (yet gracious) sense of Schadenfreude is required.
- Experience with managing some NOSQL database.
- Experience with managing Hadoop or other map reduce frameworks.
- Experience with Jenkins, Hudson, or other automation frameworks.
- Experience with Xen or VMWare
- Experience with OpenStack or Eucalyptus
- AgilOne is a cloud-based predictive intelligence application for marketers. It is used by hundreds of brands including Shazam, Sports Authority, Moosejaw, ideeli, and shopPBS.org.
- AgilOne helps marketers connect with the individual in every customer. AgilOne prescribes exactly the right marketing offer, makes each relationship more profitable, and simplifies the science of marketing.
- Based on a data-scientist approach, AgilOne makes big customer data clean and smart. Then, AgilOne recommends what immediate actions to take to increase revenue.
- AgilOne is based in Mountain View, CA and is venture-funded by Sequoia Capital and Mayfield Fund. For more information, please visit www.agilone.com.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.