Sales Specialist - Bulk Gases San Fernando Valley
- Los Angeles, CA
You’ll Find It At Airgas!
Airgas USA, LLC is the nation’s largest distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding and related safety products. It is also the largest manufacturer of nitrous oxide in the U.S., as well as a leading supplier of dry ice. With over 1,000 locations and approximately 14,000 employees nationwide Airgas is uniquely positioned to serve our diversified customer base.
West Region of Airgas USA, LLC (responsible for Southern California/Southern Nevada/Arizona/Hawaii) is seeking a Sales Specialist, Bulk Gases to be based in its San Fernando Valley facility. This position will report directly to the VP, Gases.
Apply at Airgas.com.
The primary function of this job is to manage a regional company’s sales and marketing functions for bulk gases and related equipment. This position is responsible for developing and executing regional company specific bulk gas marketing plans and being a support resource for the regional company. The main duties are to target bulk gas customers and to promote Airgas product offerings to customers and prospects. The planning and implementation of bulk gas sales training to inside and outside sales associates.
• Actively pursue and acquire, on an on-going basis, new and competitive accounts with emphasis on obtaining product supply agreements with the goal of increasing sales and profit margin.
• Supports the efforts of regional specialists and sales associates by coaching them in methods to identify and increase the sales of bulk and micro bulk gases for a regional company.
• Establish and maintain good customer relations to grow sales.
• Promotes specific niche products to regional specialists, sales associates and end users.
• Reviews regional bulk gas and micro bulk sales goals and gross profit by product by territory and monitors effectiveness of the sales and marketing efforts.
• Acts as a technical resource for customer(s) and regional retail sales associates in the area of bulk and micro bulk gases.
• Monitors competitive market activity and potential leads to management and other sales associates.
• Prepares and submits all required weekly and monthly reports in a timely manner.
• Assist the accounts receivables department in the collection of receivables over 60 days.
• Maintain professional and neat appearance
• Adhere to all company policies and safety guidelines.
• Lead and promote safety, attend safety meetings, and strictly observe safety rules.
• Ensure any injury or accident is reported immediately and investigated promptly.
• Comply with all Airgas safety rules and company policies.
• Ensure proper use of PPE.
• Make sure any accident or injury is promptly and investigated promptly.
• Pre-employment and random drug testing applies.
• Provides input when requested to enhance and develop literature and sales presentation material to support the sales effort.
• Be flexible to work and travel schedule as business needs dictate.
• Attend one safety meeting each month, association and vendor meetings, as well as hazardous material handling and other safety-related courses.
• Must adhere to all personnel and corporate policies as noted in employee manual.
• Additional duties as required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards for this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or the equivalent. College degree with course work in chemistry and/or engineering preferred.
• Minimum 3 years experience selling industrial gases and equipment to independent distributors and customers.
• Excellent product knowledge of industrial bulk gases and end user processes required.
• Past record of achieving significant sales growth.
• Possess a commitment and desire to work safely.
• Strong computer skills – Word, Excel, and Outlook – experience with SAP desired.
• Ability to perform data entry in a computer and extract information on orders.
• Must be customer service oriented and able to interact with the customers and vendors in a professional manner.
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and be detailed-oriented with good
• Ability to drive or access to transportation in order to make sales calls.
• No relocation assistance offered.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
• Must have reliable transportation to travel to customer sites.
• Must hold valid
driver’s license and personal vehicle with insurance coverage as required by the company.
• Must have clean driving record with no at-fault accidents in past 3 years.
• Frequent business travel required with occasional overnight stays.
• Current hands-on experience with SAP (or similar ERP) strongly desired.
• Proficient computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, ACT, PowerPoint, Database programs).
• Ability to perform data entry in a computer and extract information.
• Proficient mathematical skills needed.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages.
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING and PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Ability to converse in English, bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
• Ability to write correspondence and routine reports.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, MSDS, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other associates, managers, customers and the general public.
• Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Able to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Ability to assume increasing responsibilities in a rapidly-changing environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The USES category for this position is medium. While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly required to stand, sit and walk, as well as talk and hear. The associate will occasionally lift and/or move up 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. Associate is occasionally required by this position to use hands to finger, handle feel and/or operate phones, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator and to reach with hands and arms.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Will occasionally work in outside weather conditions which may be inclement. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan, profit-sharing, and more).
We know it takes time and energy to submit an application. While we sincerely appreciate your interest in career opportunities with Airgas, due to the high volume of applications received we are unable to reach out to every applicant individually. If we think you might be a match for this position our recruiting team will reach out to you directly.
Please apply at Airgas.com.
Airgas is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/V/D.
NO PHONE CALLS.