Global Sales Engineer
- Vienna, VA
- A rapidly growing, entrepreneurial technology company, Alarm.com is seeking a Sales Engineer to join its Global team. This position is critical to ensure that our international partners are efficiently utilizing the full suite of Alarm.com services. This includes everything from backend integrations to customer support tools to end user features and functionality. The ideal candidate is well versed in technology, has a keen problem solving sense, and the desire to work alongside many other departments.
- Manage technical sales relationship with select partners alongside the international sales team
- Act as the escalation point for technical issues
- Give ongoing product support and installation trainings to partners
- Gather feedback from partners and partner customers on how we can improve our product and processes
- Represent Alarm.com at various trade shows
- Staying up to date with new Alarm.com product release features to properly respond to partner inquiries
- Create detailed reports and analysis of Partner’s customer base
- Extensive international travel to engage with dealer partners
- Ability to travel and remain outside the US for weeks at a time
- BA or BS, Engineering: electrical or IT preferred from a US or Latin American university
- Experience in security, cellular, or IT industries
- The ability to communicate with customers and vendors, both in writing and verbally, in a clear, professional manner
- A self-starter who is able to operate independently
- Fluent in Spanish. Portuguese as well is a plus
- Having lived abroad, preferably in Latin America, for an extended period of time is a plus
- Strong people skills; natural customer service orientation and disposition – candidate must enjoy working with clients and supporting internal customers in the organization
- Excellent problem solving skills
- The ability and commitment to meet deadlines, even during high volume periods
- Flexible and positive attitude that fosters team spirit
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Experience using PowerPoint and other presentation development tools desired
- Programming experience is a plus
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our quality standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace within weeks. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and gain a broad knowledge base across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with latest technologies: As we continue to lead the industry, we require expertise across a broad spectrum of technologies including short and long-range wireless communication, video surveillance, lighting and HVAC automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and an annual corporate retreat.
- Alarm.com offers competitive pay and benefits including a wide choice of healthcare options with generous company subsidy, a health savings account option with company contribution, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays and paid time off increasing with tenure, paid maternity and paternity leave, company paid STD/LTD and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a casual dress work environment.