International Channel Development Associate
- Vienna, VA
- Alarm.com, a fast growth entrepreneurial technology company, is seeking ambitious and self-directed individuals with a desire to pursue an channel management career to join our team and become an International Channel Development Associate. This position provides support to the international distribution sales channels and business development activities, whose priority is primarily Latin America. Key responsibilities include managing sales leads and web site inquiries in Spanish, generating quotes, assisting non-English speaking partners with import/export logistics, assisting in responding to RFPs of new global markets, as well as translating documentation to/from Spanish. Portuguese is a Plus.
- Ensure that new dealer inquiries and leads in Spanish are responded to in a timely fashion and that all required paperwork is submitted and processed to assist in evaluation and screening of prospective distributors
- Maintaining relations and communications with the distribution channel and key personnel in sales and operations. Be accessible to take calls, answer questions, and provide daily support
- Support sales activities to international distributors with generating quotes, packing inventory, and generating import/export paperwork for international shipments
- Managing account set-up of new international distributors
- Assist non-English speaking partners with accounts payable, technical services, sales, etc
- Support Alarm.com’s non-Spanish speaking personnel (engineers, accounts receivable)
- Translate documentation, presentations, and proposals to/from Spanish with great attention to detail and professional quality
- B.A. or B.S. with strong academic performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish, including phone-based skills, are essential. Portuguese a plus, but Spanish is required.
- Prior experience with doing business with the Latin American region
- A self starter who is able to operate independently and work successfully on a team
- Highly proactive
- Strong people skills; natural customer service orientation and disposition
- Strong technical/computer skills (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong use of CRM software and sales process
- Interest in technology (although prior related technology expertise is not required)
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a small, fast-paced environment
- Flexible schedule
- Articulate and feel comfortable working with diversified, fast paced, and formal cultures
- Ability to grow and adapt with the position as job responsibilities evolve
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our quality standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace within weeks. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and gain a broad knowledge base across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with latest technologies: As we continue to lead the industry, we require expertise across a broad spectrum of technologies including short and long-range wireless communication, video surveillance, lighting and HVAC automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and an annual corporate retreat.
- Alarm.com offers competitive pay and benefits including a wide choice of healthcare options with generous company subsidy, a health savings account option with company contribution, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays and paid time off increasing with tenure, paid maternity and paternity leave, company paid STD/LTD and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a casual dress work environment.