Clinical Shift Coordinator
- Anchorage, AK
The Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC) is a not-for-profit health organization that provides statewide services in specialty medical care; operates the 150-bed, state-of-the-art Alaska Native Medical Center hospital; leads construction of water, sanitation and health facilities around Alaska; offers community health and research services; is at the forefront of innovative information technology; and offers professional recruiting to partners across the state. As a member of the Alaska Native Health Board, ANTHC works closely with the National Indian Health Board to address Alaska Native and American Indian health issues.
To achieve the vision that Alaska Native people are the healthiest people in the world, ANTHC works with customers, members of the Alaska Tribal Health System, and non-Native agencies that share common objectives. ANTHC asks employees to provide the highest quality health services, a level of service that makes Alaska Native people proud, and encourages Alaska Native people to make healthy choices that keep families and communities strong. ANTHC also works with many partners, lawmakers, volunteers and advocates toward building a unified health system to achieve the highest quality services.
Today with more than 2,000 staff members providing an array of health services, ANTHC is closer to its vision than ever before and making a life-changing difference in the health of Alaska Native people every day.
Overview: The Clinical Shift Coordinator models the standards of care for nurses from a clinical and professional basis. The Clinical Shift Coordinator directs and supervises overall operation of the nursing department for their assigned shift and is responsible for delivering quality patient care. The role promotes a positive, healthy work environment. As team leaders, they set the tone for unit performance by creating a culture which promotes staff effectiveness with the goal of efficiently coordinating all components of patient care in a safe customer-focused approach. The role is pivotal in addressing quality improvement, cost efficiency, risk management, cultural diversity, regulatory compliance, educational development, and resource management.
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
About ANTHC: A non-profit tribal organization providing healthcare and other services throughout the state of Alaska. For more information please visit www.anthc.org
Things you need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (in nursing is preferred)
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a nurse
- Ability to obtain a State of Alaska Registered Nurse license
It would be great if you had:
- Experience with the health needs of the Alaska Native Population
What you will be doing:
- Demonstrating clinical excellence as a role model to others through clinical practice and patient care
- Coordinating, directing and evaluating patient care through patient rounding
- Assisting in hiring processes in conjunction with nursing management
- Assess and revise schedules as needed for patient care according to staffing guidelines
- Counseling staff on performance/behavior requiring immediate attention, collaborating with Clinical Nurse Manager
- Accountable for completion of reports, emergency checks and unit tasks assigned
- Prevents, minimizes or corrects risk to patients and staff
- Questions: 907-729-1301
Human Resources – Recruiting
3900 Ambassador Drive
Anchorage, Alaska 99508
Apply for this job: