Required Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Eight or more years machining experience.
- Two-year trade school or apprenticeship and four years additional machine shop experience is preferred.
- Must possess basic reading, writing, and computation skills.
- Must have a well-rounded knowledge of fabrication and assembly techniques, tools and equipment, materials and shop equipment.
- Must know the working qualities of a wide variety of materials including aluminum, steel, copper, brass and other metals and plastics.
- Must possess good mechanical aptitude demonstrated as success in previous machine operation or like activities.
- Must possess good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to continuously improve and learn new skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under general supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to effectively problem-solve.
- Good communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
Ability to read, write, verbalize and comprehend instructions and correspondence at the highest levels in the English language. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other team members. Conflict resolution skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal and customer service skills.
Must have basic computation skills equivalent to education requirement. Higher skills may be required depending on actual job duties.
Physical and Visual Activities:
Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, balancing, stooping, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, acuity-far, acuity-near, depth perception and field of vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is continuously standing, repetitively grasping and repetitively using fine manipulation with the hands. The team member may be frequently required to walk, bend, squat, or twist as well as repetitively push or pull. The team member must lift 10-20 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
This position is performed in a shop environment. Team members in this position may be exposed to loud operating machinery, cold temperatures, chemicals and vapors. The team member may occasionally be required to work in an office environment.
Machines, Tools Equipment, Software:
Bench-type or floor-mounted machines (e.g. drill presses, grinders, broaches, screw machines, manual and CNC mills and lathes, saws, shrink-wrap machines, etc.) hand and power tools, measuring instruments, and lift trucks.