Senior Community Marketer
- Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Established in the UK in 2005 and now with over 300 employees based in multiple timezones, Alfresco is the open platform for business critical document management and collaboration. By automating document-intensive business processes and enabling large-scale collaboration, Alfresco helps companies to service customers better and adapt more quickly to rapid market changes. Every day, over 11 million business users in 212 countries rely on Alfresco to manage more than 7 billion documents, files and processes - behind the firewall, in the cloud, and even on their mobile devices. The open source model allows Alfresco to use best-of-breed open source technologies and contributions from the open source community to get higher quality software produced more quickly at much lower cost.
Our customers range from small companies to multi-national brands in a variety of industries.
With significant investment behind Alfresco we are looking at rapidly scaling across all areas of the business as we enter 2015 and push towards IPO. This is a great time for Alfresco and a fantastic time to join the team.
We are looking for a senior B2B Community Marketer to join the global Alfresco marketing team. This person will be responsible for development of the Alfresco community ecosystem - engaging Alfresco customers, open source software developers, partners and staff across the various Alfresco-owned community assets.
The Community Marketer will be vital in helping to design a user experience that engages and supports a passionate user community, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and to activating widespread advocacy. Much of our success will rely on your ability to bridge the gap between the product and engineering teams and our various users as you cultivate, identify and report the most crucial needs and insightful feedback. The community manager will also be heavily involved with the development/execution of innovative, global marketing strategies that leverage our unique products.
You must be a skilled writer, communicator with relevant B2B community and content management experience. You have a serious passion for engaging empathetically and fostering meaningful connections online and are able to spot compelling stories to turn into content that users will appreciate.
- Support marketing to segment the community and reach candidates for upgrading to paid Alfresco products, while understanding the relationship of these activities to developer evangelism and our open source product strategy.
- Maintain a consistent, friendly and professional environment by setting clear community guidelines and moderation process and by establishing a consistent culture and tone.
- Work with marketing and partners to develop a content calendar: creating, editing, categorising and publishing compelling, shareable stories that the community will find interesting and useful.
- Develop innovative ways to identify and build mutually beneficial relationships with key influencers and supporters within the community and work with them to grow the community.
- On a daily basis, monitor conversations and work with product marketing, engineering and customer success teams to triage the timely response to customer questions and issues.
- Help develop and execute community campaign strategies in line with marketing, branding, public relations, and product objectives.
- In conjunction with the marketing operations team, regularly report community insight and engagement KPIs that support Alfresco business goals.
- Work closely with the developer evangelist and product marketing to proactively engage and foster relationships with Alfresco developers in key international territories and be constantly innovating ways to cultivate our community in those countries.
- Engage customers directly via the Alfresco online communities, social media channels, local meet-ups, chats, webinars, email, and other relevant discussion outlets, such as third party developer websites.
- Work closely with the rest of the business and existing community users to establish and prioritise the development needs of the community platform to provide a seamless, intuitive experience for Alfresco community users and customers.
- Manage third party community software providers or agencies as necessary.
Preferred candidates will have:
- 5+ years experience maintaining, managing and developing an online community for a technology brand. Experience in managing a global community a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or internationally recognized equivalent.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com and Marketo.
- Proficiency in using a wide variety of community and social platforms, including web publishing tools such as Drupal and Wordpress, and social media management technologies such as Hootsuite.
- Proficiency with software tools such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Photoshop.
- Good understanding of Google Analytics or other analytics tools desired.
- Fluency in another language a plus: French, German, Italian.
Ideal candidates will also have the following skills:
- Self-motivated and proactive leader with ability to work both with minimal supervision and as part of a distributed team environment.
- A good listener and creative team player who can build strong relationships with a wide set of internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills - with keen and careful critical thinking and messaging.
- Understands the dynamics and cadence of an online community and that a great community is ultimately about getting the small things right.
- Impeccable writing skills - ability to write original editorial content with insight, wit, and flawless grammar.
- Strong planning, project management, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work swiftly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment and keep a level head while maintaining grace under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Interest, initiative and experience to innovate Alfresco’s community practices, and take them to the next level.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and passion for online community development, digital and social media trends.
Some travel may be required.
Freedom to act
This role will report to the Senior Director of Digital Marketing and will be regularly expected to work across many different functions in the business.