- Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Alfresco is preparing for accelerated growth worldwide. As a truly global company with offices in the UK, US, and Australia, we handle over seven billion pieces of content for 11 million users in more than 212 countries.
Since 2005, Alfresco has championed and delivered flexible solutions that help organizations like Cisco, Saks, 5th Avenue, Fox, NASA, Stanford University, and both US & EU Governments collaborate around and share their business content inside and out of the organisation.
Today, through our open-source Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and Business Process Management (BPM) solutions, we’re pioneering better ways to help our customers design and create automated processes around the business content they interact with every day.
Tomorrow, our customers will be able to enjoy everything they love about Alfresco through the lens of design-led applications that solve for specific vertical/industry problems, making it simple and intuitive to do your work.
As we continue building, every member of our team will make a significant impact on our business and our customers. We want you to share in the experience of building a truly great company and doing great work.
Who we are looking for?
You will be a technical communicator with substantial experience of writing complex, technical documentation deliverables. You may be a developer with a flair for writing or an experienced Technical Writer with in-depth knowledge and interest in software technology. You’ll be able to manage your own documentation projects, including planning, writing, and editing, through to on-time delivery. You’ll have a track record of professional technical writing experience in a high-technology software or hardware industry.
This job would suit a strong team player with a “can-do” approach. You should be a self-starter with a desire to show ownership and commitment to the job. You’ll enjoy an informal office culture and be able to work with different personalities and temperaments.
What is the role?
As a Technical Writer, you’ll be part of a small but thriving documentation team with responsibility for creating user assistance for Alfresco customers. You’ll create high-quality product documentation for technical users, describing complex software architectures and detailed deployment instructions for the management of large Enterprise-scale production environments.
We’ll expect you to own all phases of your projects including researching and writing documentation, designing and creating short video tutorials, and also to take an active role in editing other technical communication.
What do we want you to do?
- Create high-quality installation and configuration documentation, and short, video tutorials for a technical audience
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers, test engineers, and technical support engineers, and use pre-release software to create documentation
- Manage your own documentation projects, including the scope and schedules, to deliver on time
- Create new content for major releases and update existing documentation for maintenance releases
- Write using high-quality technical communication standards following logical and structured writing techniques
- Represent the “users’ view” of Alfresco products and best practices in documentation development
Minimum qualifications and skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Technical Communications, or any other applicable technical discipline
- Relevant experience of technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working closely with engineering and product management teams as part of the software development process
Some worldwide travel may be required for this role.
Alfresco is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.