Mobile Software Engineer (iOS) - Technology Consumer Experience
The salary range for this position is: (contract of employment)
mid: 12 300 - 17 600 PLN gross
A hybrid work model that incorporates solutions developed by the leader and the team
In the Consumer area, we pursue the best customer experience, starting from main site visits, through browsing, searching, and buying offers. We run the purchase process and post-purchase service as smoothly as possible on all platforms (iOS, Android, web, mobile web). Our microservices receive external traffic of thousands of requests per second, and our native applications are used by millions of people. Our applications are highly modularized (we have over 150 modules on each platform), and new modules are an opportunity to try new and better development techniques.
We conduct dozens of experiments, test hundreds of variants, analyze results, and draw conclusions that we convert into specific tasks. We work in a group of nearly 30 teams of engineers with various competencies and we cooperate with designers, researchers, and analysts.
You will join one of the teams responsible for the development of native mobile apps for Android and iOS. You will also be part of Allegro’s mobile community, made up of more than 100 mobile developers. In our community, we actively share knowledge as part of our daily code review work, but also at dedicated company events. work, but also at dedicated company events. It is a time dedicated to knowledge sharing, as much as it is an opportunity for team-building and listening to inspiring guests from outside the company.
We are looking for developers who:
- Know iOS inside out, both as a developer and as a user
- Understand the app development process, from design to release to App Store
- Are proficient users of Swift, UIKit
- Familiarity with ObjC is desirable
- Have hands-on experience with object-oriented programming, algorithms, and data structures
- Are proficient in Xcode environment and have experience in using version control systems
- They want to be proud of the code they create. They gladly accept comments and share their knowledge during code reviews
- Are able to find efficient solutions that match the requirements set by users
- Want to constantly grow and update their knowledge
- Know English and Polish on at least B2 level
- A hybrid work model that you will agree on with your leader and the team. We have well-located offices (with fully equipped kitchens and bicycle parking facilities) and excellent working tools (height-adjustable desks, interactive conference rooms)
- Annual bonus up to 10% of the annual salary (depending on your annual assessment and the company's results)
- A wide selection of fringe benefits in a cafeteria plan – you choose what you like (e.g. medical, sports or lunch packages, insurance, purchase vouchers)
- English classes that we pay for are related to the specific nature of your job
- Laptop with m1, 32GB RAM, SSD - MacBook Pro 16'' or 14'', plus two external monitors and all the gadgets you need
- Working in a team you can always count on — we have top-class board specialists and experts in their areas of expertise
- A high degree of autonomy in terms of organizing your team’s work; we encourage you to develop continuously and try out new things
- Hackathons, team tourism, training budget, and an internal educational platform, MindUp (including training courses on work organization, means of communications, motivation to work, and various technologies and subject-matter issues)
Why is it worth working with us?
- You will work on the development of mobile applications
- You will take an active part in creating code, and new modules, proposing solutions, and maintaining applications used by thousands of users daily
- We create mobile applications using the latest versions of the Swift language and reduce technological debt on an ongoing basis
- Real impact on the checkout process
- Building mobile standards for an area (App First)
- Close cooperation with Android developer
- We automate tests and repeatable processes - we use, among others, Xcuitest, swift-snapshot-testing, Bazel, XcodeGen, or Fastlane
- We develop mobile applications that are used by 300k+ users daily, and many times more monthly
- 50+ engineers, testers, UX designers, and researchers are working on the development of applications for iOS
- We use Code Review, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Scrum/Kanban, Domain Driven Design, Test Driven Development, Pair Programming depending on the team
- In our daily work, we use the possibilities offered by GitHub.
- We organize Allegro Tech Live, a 100% remote version of our stationary Allegro Tech Talks meetups
- The IT team consists of over 1700+ people who have shared knowledge at many conferences and co-create the blog https://allegro.tech
Apply to Allegro and see why it is #dobrzetubyć (#goodtobehere)