Front-End Software Engineer - Technical Platform & Operations
The salary range for this position is 12 300 - 17 600 PLN (contract of employment)
A hybrid work model that incorporates solutions developed by the leader and the team
Our team is responsible for improving the developer experience and efficiency of the front-end development process by providing tools, application templates, testing infrastructure, and process automation for more than one hundred Allegro product teams.
We are developing libraries used in more than 800 repositories, responsible for standardizing how we build, test and deploy our Front-end projects.
We are also working on ways to effectively measure and report on developer efficiency and adoption of our tools. This allows us to make decisions about changes to our ecosystem based on hard data.
We take responsibility for the process of introducing new employees to the world of Front-end at Allegro as well as providing support to our developers through daily consultations on support channels.
We are looking for people who:
- Think outside the box and have a broad perspective on their work
- Want to be proud of the code they write. Are open to feedback and are willing to share their knowledge during code reviews
- Can search for efficient solutions to meet users’ requirements
- Are eager to continuously develop their skills and update their knowledge
- Know English at B2 level
What we offer:
- A hybrid work model that you will agree on with your leader and the team. We have well-located offices (with fully equipped kitchens and bicycle parking facilities) and excellent working tools (height-adjustable desks, interactive conference rooms)
- Annual bonus up to 10% of the annual salary gross (depending on your annual assessment and the company's results)
- A wide selection of fringe benefits in a cafeteria plan – you choose what you like (e.g. medical, sports or lunch packages, insurance, purchase vouchers)
- English classes that we pay for related to the specific nature of your job
- Laptop with m1 processor, 32GB RAM, SSD - a 16” or 14” MacBook Pro or corresponding Dell with Windows (if you don’t like Macs), two monitors and all other gadgets that you should need
- Working in a team you can always count on — we have on board top-class specialists and experts in their areas of expertise
- A high degree of autonomy in terms of organizing your team’s work; we encourage you to develop continuously and try out new things
- Hackathons, team tourism, training budget and an internal educational platform, MindUp (including training courses on work organization, means of communications, motivation to work and various technologies and subject-matter issues)
- If you want to learn more, check it out
Why is it worth working with us?
- We develop front-ends on the basis of our own style guide, taking proper care of consistency and quality of our websites
- We are unafraid of new technologies – we are eager to work with clean JS but don’t shy away from using React, Angular, Vue and TypeScript
- Microservices – a few thousand microservices and 1.8m+ rps on our business data bus
- Big Data – several petabytes of data and Machine Learning used in production
- We practice Code Review, Continuous Integration, Scrum/Kanban, Domain Driven Design, Test Driven Development, Pair Programming, depending on the team
- The IT team is made up of over 1700 members who have shared their knowledge at multiple conferences, such as Confront JS, Agile By Example, Code Europe, Warszawskie Dni Informatyki, and co-create a blog: allegro.tech
- Our internal ecosystem is based on self-service and widely used tools, such as Kubernetes, Docker, Consul, GitHub or GitHub Actions. This will allow you, from day one, to develop software using any language, architecture and scale, restricted only by your creativity and imagination
- Our deployment environment combines private Data Centers (tens of thousands of servers) and Public Clouds (Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure)
- Over 100 original open source projects and a few thousand stars on github
- To match the scale, we also focus on building entire Platforms of tools and technologies that accelerate and facilitate day-to-day development, and we ensure the best Developer Experience to our teams
- Technological autonomy: you get to choose which technology solves the problem at hand (no need for management’s consent). You are responsible for what you create
- We organize Allegro Tech Live event, a 100% remote version of our offline Allegro Tech Talks meetups, and we make guest appearances at the invitation of such communities as Warsaw AI, JUG (Poznań, Łódź, Lublin, Wrocław), WG .Net, Dare IT, Women in Tech Summit
This may also be of interest to you:
Allegro Tech Podcast → https://podcast.allegro.tech/
Send in your CV and see why it is #dobrzetubyć (#goodtobehere)