Big Data Engineer - Data & AI
The salary range for this position is (contract of employment):
mid: 12 300 - 17 600 PLN in gross terms
senior: 16 100 - 23 200 PLN in gross terms
A hybrid work model that incorporates solutions developed by the leader and the team.
As part of the Data & AI area, we implement projects based on the practical "data science" and "artificial intelligence" applications of an unprecedented scale in Poland. Data & AI is a group of over 150 experienced BigData engineers organized into over a dozen teams with various specializations. Some of them build dedicated tools for creating and launching BigData processes or implementing ML models for the entire organization. Others work closer to the client and are responsible for the implementation of the search engine, creating recommendations, building a buyer profile or developing an experimental platform. There are also research teams in the area whose aim is to find solutions to non-trivial problems requiring the use of machine learning.
We are looking for BigData engineers who want to build a highly scalable and fault-tolerant data ingestion for millions of Allegro customers. The platform collects 5 billion clickstream events every day (up to 150k / sec) from all Allegro sites and Allegro mobile applications. This is a hybrid solution using a mix on-premise and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services like Spark, Kafka, Beam, BigQuery, Pubsub or Dataflow.
We are looking for people who:
- Are programming in languages such as Scala or Java
- Have strong understanding of distributed systems, data storage, and processing frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Flink, or similar.
- Have knowledge of GCP or other public cloud environments like Azure or AWS
- Use good practices (clean code, code review, TDD, CI/CD)
- Navigate efficiently within Unix/Linux systems
- Are interested in the application of ML AI
- Possess a positive attitude and team-working skills
- Are eager for personal development and keeping their knowledge up to date
- Know English at B2 level and Polish at minimum C1 level
What we offer:
- A hybrid work model that you will agree on with your leader and the team. We have well-located offices (with fully equipped kitchens and bicycle parking facilities) and excellent working tools (height-adjustable desks, interactive conference rooms)
- Annual bonus up to 10% of the annual salary gross (depending on your annual assessment and the company's results)
- A wide selection of fringe benefits in a cafeteria plan – you choose what you like (e.g. medical, sports or lunch packages, insurance, purchase vouchers)
- English classes that we pay for related to the specific nature of your job
- Laptop with m1 processor, 32GB RAM, SSD - a 16” or 14” MacBook Pro or corresponding Dell with Windows (if you don’t like Macs), two monitors and all other gadgets that you should need
- Working in a team you can always count on — we have on board top-class specialists and experts in their areas of expertise
- A high degree of autonomy in terms of organizing your team’s work; we encourage you to develop continuously and try out new things
- Hackathons, team tourism, training budget and an internal educational platform, MindUp (including training courses on work organization, means of communications, motivation to work and various technologies and subject-matter issues)
- If you want to learn more, check it out
Why is it worth working with us?
- At Allegro, you will be responsible for processing petabytes of data and billions of events daily
- You will become a participant in one of the largest projects of building a data platform in GCP
- Your development will align with the latest technological trends based on open source principles (data mesh, data streaming)
- You will have a real impact on the direction of product development and technology choices. We utilize the latest and best available technologies, as we select them according to our own needs
- You will have the opportunity to work within a team of experienced engineers and big data specialists who are eager to share their knowledge, including publicly through allegro.tech
- Once a year, you can take advantage of the opportunity to work in a different team (known as team tourism)
Send in your CV and see why it is #dobrzetubyć (#goodtobehere)