Healthcare Privacy Analyst
- San Diego, CA
First and foremost, our business is helping you in your business. We pride ourselves in walking alongside our clients in navigating them through change and uncertainty. Whether that be dealing with complex reimbursement regulations, addressing coding and medical necessity concerns, strategic analysis or identifying revenue recovery opportunities, we are ready at the helm. With the multitude of competing demands placed on providers everyday, we view ourselves as an extension of, and complement to, your staff; a partner, ready to address your specific needs in the functional areas of revenue cycle, compliance, reimbursement, coding and accreditation. We bring genuine value to your operations as we work closely with you to achieve your goals. This position will oversee the administration of all welfare, 401(k), voluntary, and absence related benefits. The incumbent will research and resolve data issues internally and for our vendors. He/she will also be responsible for on-going Benefits projects as well as projects and initiatives that are assigned on an as-needed basis.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
* Administer the Absence Management Program, including short term disability/extended illness, long term disability, workers' compensation, and FMLA
* Oversee the administration of the 401(k)/Retirement Plan
* Open Enrollment responsibilities
* Interface with insurance carriers for escalated claims issues, invoice resolution, participation in United Healthcare (UHC) annual claims review, and various Wellness activities.
* Process bi-weekly/monthly reports, invoices, and chargeback reports.
* Conduct the Benefits portion of New Hire Orientation, which includes creating and maintaining the PowerPoint presentation and Benefits materials.
* Responsible for Healthy Living Initiatives such as the ongoing Chair Massages, HealthFair, Flu Vaccinations, Daffodil Days, RoadMap to Wellness, and other events.
* Provide customer service to employees and resolve their Benefits-related issues in a timely, professional manner.
* Perform administrative tasks such as completing the medical portion of court orders, processing payments for retiree medical benefits, entering benefit changes in the HRIS system, managing incoming mail, and participating in weekly insurance carrier conference calls.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Related degree/training /education/training in Business Administration or equivalent experience
* A minimum of 1 - 3 years of experience.
* A thorough knowledge of Benefits laws and regulations, including, but not limited to ERISA, COBRA, and HIPAA is essential.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving skills are vital.
* The ability to interact with employees at all levels in a confidential, professional manner is essential.
* Must be proficient in computer systems such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and HRIS, preferably ADP/Enterprise or PeopleSoft.
* Superior organizational skills are necessary.
* Must be customer focused and professional.
Our clients benefit from a team of highly experienced, dedicated professionals, who have come directly from top management positions across the spectrum of healthcare and finance, including experience at providers in both business and clinical positions, fiscal intermediaries and accounting firms. Each team member brings to every engagement a depth of experience in a wide breadth of financial, operational and compliance issues. Our team of experienced professionals know the industry, but we do not rely on that fact alone to demonstrate our worth — we live by the creed of proving ourselves every time we serve our clients.