ACE reaches young people where they are – in schools, but also on Facebook, Tumblr and in texts – and gives their stories, concerns and victories a voice.
We’re looking for a marketing manager to keep the day-to-day communications going – email marketing, social media content and monitoring, helping students, alumni and teachers guest-blog for us.
Our next marketing manager has a passion for the next great thing online: you’ve got a Google+ account, have pinned/Tumbld or MLKSHKed something in the last 7 days and know what the hot meme is going to be after people tire of grumpy cat. You’ve got a creative streak – some experience in Photoshop, a few victories in iMovie or Final Cut or you update your personal or professional blog on a regular basis.
But you understand metrics and thrive on data in your “day job” – A/B testing, open rates, CPMs. You see typos – in your work and in others. You can write a good creative brief for others. You like mentoring people – whether tutoring and volunteering or working with junior staff. You’re a voracious learner and are eager to learn more.
And you like working as part of a team – brainstorming, collaborating and establishing systems so everyone – other staff, students and partners - can join in.
You’ll work at our Oakland office, just three blocks from 19th Street BART.
- Maintain the organization’s communications calendar
- Manage and edit story submissions from the field – students, field staff and partners
- Lead the story “dashboard” – giving the organization a picture of where our storytelling is strong and where we need to put resources
- Keep the home page, student stories and blog section of acespace.org up to date (as a great feeder for social media)
- Support, encourage, reward and track staff participation in ACE’s social media
- Write and/or edit email content to make sure it’s on brand voice and lined up with similar messages in the communications calendar
- Look out for new opportunities to reach audiences effectively
- Support press outreach as needed
- Manage outside brand, design or video vendors as needed
- Work collaboratively with our engagement strategist to test and improve outbound communications