Sales Manager/ Officer, Europe
- Avinguda Diagonal, Barcelona, es
Alpadia Language Schools is a Swiss company with an international vision, devoted to excellence in teaching languages to enrich students' futures. Inspired by our multifaceted and multilingual country, we create an unparalleled student experience encouraging language development through immersion.
Present in Switzerland, France, Germany and England, we create a vibrant environment to foster connections, enhance experience and inspire imagination. Since 1996 Alpadia Language Schools delivers quality language education for adults and summer camp junior programs in Switzerland, France, Germany and England. Each year, our schools welcome more than 6,000 students from all over the world.
Inspire your future. Become an Alpadian!
- Ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment, management and training of B2B partners in Europe delivering high quality services.
- Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings, delivering weekly briefs and monthly reporting.
- Travels regularly in her/his market areas to ensure good cooperation and training with our business partners. Represents the company during industry fairs and events.
- Operates an assigned geographic sales area to maximise sales revenues and meet corporate objectives. Travels regularly to all key markets, on occasion to HQ offices in Montreux, Switzerland, Barcelona, Spain as well as ALPADIA year-round schools and summer camps.
- Performs and negotiates sales activities on major accounts
- Review processes of sales, marketing, social media, operation, and admission throughout the company, recommending best practices, policies, and procedures for improvements and as per market needs.
- Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams. Collaborates with direct line manager to develop sales strategies to improve market share in all product lines. Develops specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all company’s products.
- Coordinates proper company resources to ensure efficient and stable sales results, constantly working within budget; understanding targets and budgets.
- Establishing personal contact and report with top echelon decision-makers. Interprets short- and long-term effects on sales strategies in operating profit.
- Collaborates with the Communication Manager and direct line manager to establish and control budgets for sales promotion and trade show expenses.
- Reviews expenses and recommends savings. Holds regular meeting with direct line manager and colleagues from admission, social media, marketing etc ensuring 100% synergy optimising opportunities.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Languages: native or fluent in English, Italian, and German; other languages a plus
- Based in Berlin-Germany or Barcelona-Spain, other European cities to be considered
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in Business related fields such as, not limited to, Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, Hospitality, Tourism, Administration, Management, International Relations; Masters Degree a plus
- 3+ Years of Sales Operations Management experience in the travel & language education industry
- Keen to travel 12-16 weeks per year; in blocks of 2-3 weeks maximum at a time
- Good leader, motivator, communicator, administrator with experience of leading a team
- Ability to get things done with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
- Passion and enthusiasm for this role and what ALPADIA Language Schools is developing
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and ability to prioritise and manage yourself to get the job done on time
- Quick learner and get the job done, even if it means making mistakes along the way
- Professional knowledge of Microsoft Office solutions and Apple usage
- Cross cultural awareness
- Outstanding customer service & sales attitude
- Deadline driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- Responsible, honest, dedicated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Positive thinker and flexible
- Solution driven focus, problem solver
What we offer you
- Highly varied tasks ranging from customer service, sales, marketing, administration etc to develop a wide range of skills in an international company
- Creative and rewarding work
- A youthful, stimulating, and dynamic environment
- Autonomy at work and regular contacts with teams in Switzerland, Germany, France, and England
- Travel within Europe
Contract: Freelance Independent Contractor or 1 year contract (renewable)
Activity rate : 100%
Place of work: Can be Berlin or Germany office - Barcelona, Spain office other European locations to consider
Start date: to be discussed
You want this job? Apply in English (résumé and cover letter) here.
PLEASE NOTE: Only applications fulfilling all criteria will be considered and only applications accepted for an interview will receive a reply.