Senior EFL Teacher - Keele - UK
- Keele, Keele, gb
ALPADIA Language Schools is specialized in organizing Summer Language Camps in Switzerland, France, Germany and the UK. We offer children and adolescents ideal study conditions, comfortable accommodation and wide range of cultural and sporting activities. Each destination is selected with care and each program is designed to harmoniously combine security, language learning, leisure and vacation.
For the 2019 season, we are currently looking for a Senior Teacher in our course centre in Keele.
The role will involve teaching a full schedule of your own classes as well as providing leadership of the department as a whole.
- Teaching your own classes to students
- Helping ensure all EFL tuition is appropriate to a summer school environment
- Assisting the Camp Manager with placement tests, or leading the process yourself
- Ensuring weekly paperwork is completed accurately (lesson plans, registers, records of classes) and taking a lead to ensure this is done across department
- Attending and/or leading daily staff meetings
- Maintaining proper levels of student discipline, safety and welfare
- Observing, or assisting with the observations, of other teachers
- Ensuring all academic provision at the camp meets or exceeds British Council requirements
- Experience in summer schools or similar structures preferred
- First Degree or equivalent (Level 6 Qualifications and Credit Framework)
- CELTA, Trinity Cert. TESOL or equivalent minimum
- DELTA/ TEFLQ status preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt where required
We offer you:
- An unforgettable experience in a dynamic and international working environment
- The opportunity to play a leading role in driving forward key company priorities
- A competitive salary
- A first experience with ALPADIA, present in 4 European countries with 14 summer camps for teenagers
Location of our course centre and dates of commitment:
Keele: 01.07.19 – 09.08.19
No accommodation is provided with this role.
How to apply:
Do you enjoy teamwork and working with children? Are you ready to get involved and have a new, enriching experience? So please send us your application (CV and cover letter).
Only applications accepted for an interview will receive a reply.