Non-Exempt, Job Code: 702-913-7aJob Summary:
The Route Relief/Utility RSR supports the Service Department in its objectives to meet our customersâ€™ needs through up-selling/cross-selling and providing superior customer service. Main duties are to cover routes and perform service related tasks as required. Reports to the District Manager.Essential Functions:
- Perform all responsibilities of a Route Sales Representative and related tasks.
- Learn and support all routes. Run routes as needed for holidays, vacations or other vacancies.
- When not on a route, assist in rush deliveries, renewals, audits, training and any other tasks assigned by supervision.
- Solicit new customers, up-sell/cross-sell/sample all lines of service or product and ensure a profitable product mix.
- Actively participate in promotions and contests, training and audits.
- Follow company policies/procedures regarding new customers, managing customer needs and all aspects of service.
- Ensure customer loyalty and outstanding customer service. Build relationships, communicate openly, educate customers and proactively resolve concerns in cooperation with supervision.
- Safely operate a delivery vehicle on each trip, following all applicable laws and company policy. Maintain vehicle cleanliness and perform regular vehicle inspections.
- Handle and process customer payments. Keep route paperwork current.
- Ensure timely and correct deliveries of complete textile loads, pick up soiled textiles and maintain proper inventories in accounts. Service items such as facility maintenance products.
- Monitor and report competitive activity. Keep service agreements current and renewed.
- Return from route and off load soiled textiles in the receiving area of facility.
- Accurately prepare route paperwork and follow check-in procedures.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and perform other tasks as directed by supervision.
- Support other service personnel as required by supervision.