Oilfield Pipefitters & Apprentices
- Hinton, Canada
Alstar Oilfield Contractors Ltd. is an industry leading Fabrication, Facility and Pipeline construction contractor with regional office locations in Hinton, Fox Creek, Dawson Creek and Calgary. Since 1969, the company has had a successful track record of project execution throughout Northern Alberta and Northeastern British Columbia.
- Select type and size of pipe and related materials according to drawings and job specifications
- Inspect worksites to determine presence of obstructions plans sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other crafts
- Cut and bevel pipe using cutting torches, saws, threading machines and pipe cutting machine
- Assemble and installs a variety of valves and fittings
- Prepare and fit pipe for welding by a certified pipe welder or join pipe and fittings by means of threaded, brazed or soldered joints
- Secure pipe to structures with clamps, brackets or hangers
- Cut penetrations in walls, ceilings or floors
- Use, interpret and care for the tools and equipment commonly employed on an industrial project such as cutting torches, threading machines, grinder, beveling machines, round-up clamps, etc.
- Fabricate, install, position, or connect components, parts, finished products, or instruments for testing purposes, including hydrotesting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the ANSI, ASME, and PFI codes and standards
- Knowledge of the functional operation and purpose OD the various piping system components such as valves, fittings and expansion joints
- Knowledge of the various sizes and grades of standard materials employed in an industrial plant such as bolts, gaskets, fittings and valves
- Ability to read, interpret and determine dimensional information for drawings and specifications such as isometrics, orthographic, P&ID's, equipment arrangements, etc.
- Ability to measure accurately, layout work, cut, straighten, bevel, thread and fit pipe
- Journeyman Red Seal Pipefitter or Welder preferred
- Apprentices may be considered depending on experience
- Must have extensive experience in physically fitting and preparing spools for a welding crew
- Able to read blue prints
- Good mathematical, mechanical and logical reasoning capabilities
- CSTS (Construction Safety Training System) Certification (Asset)
The competitive compensation package offered by Alstar will be based on experience and education
Candidates will be subject to a 3 month probationary period
Upon successful completion of the probationary period, candidates will be required to relocate to an assigned office location
CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY PLEASE.