Labourer Cabinet Stain / Lacquer New Manufacturing
- Nisku, Canada
Alta-Fab Structures Ltd, located in Nisku, AB provides innovative, high-quality modular buildings, designed to meet the industrial space and remote housing needs for any industry. We manufacture and service single-unit structures for wellsites and multi-unit large camps and complexes.
- Brush, spray, or hand-rub finishing ingredients, such as paint, oil, stain, or wax, onto and into wood grain; then apply lacquer or other sealers.
- Smooth, shape, and touch-up surfaces to prepare them for finishing, using sandpaper, pumice stones, steel wool, chisels, sanders, or grinders.
- Mix finish ingredients to obtain desired colors or shades.
- Select appropriate finishing ingredients such as paint, stain, lacquer, shellac, or varnish, depending on factors such as wood hardness and surface type.
- Fill and smooth cracks or depressions, remove marks and imperfections, and repair broken parts, using plastic or wood putty, glue, nails, and/or screws.
- Remove accessories prior to finishing, and mask areas that should not be exposed to finishing processes or substances.
- Remove excess solvent, using cloths soaked in paint thinner.
- Follow blueprints to produce specific designs.
- Other duties as assigned
- A strong commitment to safety and a safety leader
- Must be able to interpret blue prints, and shop drawings
- Ability to work safely with a wide variety of hand and power tools and materials
- Proficient with a measuring tape
- Must be able to work independently or in a group/team setting
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to work in an indoor confined work area environment
- Experience within the field of cabinetry an asset but willing to train
- Position requires strong English communication skills, including written, spoken and comprehension
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Year round full time employment. Must have vehicle to commute to Nisku. Application process required pre-employment drug, alcohol and physical testing.