Sr Finacial Analyst (Fin Mgr)
- Ann Arbor, MI
is the world's largest publicly traded packaging company. A market and
innovation leader adding value to the world’s most recognizable brands. Responsible
packaging solutions supplying a broad range of rigid & flexible packaging
products into the food, beverage, healthcare, and home/ personal care packaging
industries. Over 27,000 employees
working together across more than 180 sites in over 40 countries. Visit www.Amcor.com to learn more.
- Collaborate with Beverage Business Unit Management to drive profitability, top-line growth and market value preservation.
- Provide financial analysis and support to Beverage Commercial and Business Management related to: 1) new and existing products; 2) new and existing locations; 3) new and existing segment categories; and 4) overall business opportunities.
- Provide financial support to the Operations, Supply Chain and Executive Management Groups to optimize the Beverage Business Unit profitability through analysis by customer, product line and location; cost controls; working capital optimization; and regional cost to produce.
- Facilitate teamwork and communication along with driving a customer first culture within the department.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Support Beverage Commercial Team through: 1) Contract analysis, 2) Product, plant & customer profitability, 3) Targeted return pricing initiatives, 4) Budgeting, 5) Pricing, 6.) Cost and operational complexity analysis, 7) Value Plus Customer Account Team representation for Financial Analysis and 8) Out of market risk analysis, etc
- Provide active participation on Customer Account Teams including: value selling propositions, contract terms development and negotiations, preparation and review of profitability improvement actions, proactive account planning, supply option and capital expenditure justification and analysis of customer and product profitability.
- Development and approval of regional and national account pricing and proposals utilizing: beverage pricing systems, “market pricing” reports, Next Best Alternative analysis, win/loss and competitive intelligence information.
- Identify and quantify commercial outperformance activities, including commercial pipeline activities.
- Utilize available tools (SAP, BW, CRM, Line Costing, Pocket Margin Database etc) for opportunity analysis, data mining, and customer/product profitability improvement plans. Provide feedback and input to other functions (e.g. IT and Value Plus) on potential changes to enhance the efficacy of analysis and reporting capabilities.
- Price, cost & profitability review responsibility for Accounts based on overall Strategic Pricing initiatives.
- Lead the roll out, maintenance and future enhancement of SAP-CRM reporting and usage.
- Lead “Pricing Council” analyzing competitive pricing activities to determine market trends and identification of existing “out of market” pricing and competitive risk analysis.
- Participate in ARPNA RFQ (Request for Quote) process, including the maintenance and development of “market based” pricing, commercial effectiveness, and quotation performance data and reporting.
- Assist the Sales VPs with various requests as they come up in the following areas: 1) Scatterplot financial analysis, 2) long-term planning for large prospective customers and 3) Commercial Effectiveness reporting.
Business Unit Support
- Assist Commercial Finance Director with the following activities: 1) Competitive Intelligence analysis, 2) Value Preservation Strategy, 3) Disruptive technology analysis, 4) Value proposition of competing technologies and packaging options, 5) Value Propositions and cost analysis for new products, manufacturing process or materials (EBM, Barrier, etc.), 6) Budget, 7) Strategic Planning and 8) M&A support,
- Development of capacity and division-related capital budgets and projects (CEAVs).
- Provide financial analytical support to the Marketing group for: 1) new product development, 2) Value propositions for new innovation projects and emerging technologies and 3) new Market development.
Lead various projects including:
- Development of monthly business metrics
- Long-term planning and strategic target development
- Driving continuous improvement within all areas of responsibility
- Development of long term Beverage sales margin tool to be used for variance analysis, forecasting, budget and strategic plan preparation. Tool must be capable of supporting monthly and quarterly business review needs including comprehensive variance analysis.
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis in support of Beverage growth initiatives
- 6+ years of progressively increased responsibility in a financial lead or business analyst type role.
- BA in Business or Finance required; MBA or CPA preferred.
- SAP R/3, SAP Business Warehouse, advanced Excel experience required.
- Strong systems skills/aptitude (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ERP systems software)
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills; manufacturing / cost accounting; general understanding of plant operations preferred; effective team player and facilitator; excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, meet strict deadlines and work under pressure.
- Specific experience in the following areas is strongly preferred:
- Developing detailed / complex financial modeling scenarios
- Developing capital spending justifications
- Analyzing product-line profitability and employing activity-based-costing theories
Key Success Factors:
- Customer, internal and external, service driven
- Strong problem solving / analytical skills
- Good understanding of cost drivers in manufacturing environment
- Proven experience developing complex financial models
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Business acumen; polished and professional
- Unrelenting degree of integrity and ethics
- Ability to be decisive and meet deadlines; very organized
- Pro-active, strong decision-maker, self-starter - takes initiative beyond minimal expectations
- Ability to lead without authority; effective team player and facilitator
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple, complex projects at rapid pace
- Ability to work with detailed information while also understanding the “big picture”
- Occasional travel
The position is located in Ann Arbor, Michigan office. Ann Arbor ranked one of the “Top 100 Best Places to Live”. In addition to being the home of the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor offers a vibrant night life, summer activities for all ages, and top ranked schools.