- Tampa, FL
The Tampa Bay Business Journal’s mission is to provide area business leaders with news essential to running and growing their businesses. For advertisers, it’s an ideal and efficient solution to reach their target audience. The Business Journal’s media professionals focus their efforts on quality journalism, innovative marketing and exemplary customer service. The Tampa Bay Business Journal is owned by American City Business Journals. ACBJ owns 40 business publications online and in print across the country that offer exclusive, in-depth business coverage.
In addition ACBJ owns and operates Sporting News, SportsBusiness Journal, SportsBusiness Daily, SportsBusiness Daily Global, Inside Lacrosse, NASCAR Illustrated and Hemmings Motor News. ACBJ is a unit of Advance Publications, Inc.
The Tampa Bay Business Journal is seeking a dynamic, energetic professional to join its seasoned sales team. The successful candidate is a top producer with strong consultative sales skill, with a proven track record of success in prospecting, business development and client service. He or she excels in developing integrated marketing campaigns across multiple platforms, including digital, print and events. Qualified applicants must be comfortable working with business owners, managing partners and C-level executives.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can truly deliver value to your clients, consider joining the Tampa Bay Business Journal's exclusive team.
- Prospecting is a key element of this position; it requires identifying and qualifying new clients for our print, online, special publications and events.
- Generate advertising revenue by consistently meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals.
- Develop new business and manage the sales cycle from start to finish.
- Maintain an active schedule of face-to-face appointments and prospecting calls.
- Develop and maintain strong C-level client relationships.
- Represent the Business Journal at company-sponsored and community events.
- Contribute to a positive team environment.
- Two years minimum experience selling media and/or sponsorships and integrated marketing campaigns. Experience in digital sales is a plus.
- Strong phone skills a must.
- A strong track record of consistent revenue growth
- Effective time management skills
- The ability to exceed expectations in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Professional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- College degree.
- Experience in MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Sales Force