- Concord, CA
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Under the supervision of the Business Manager, the Admissions Advisor has specific responsibility for student admissions (including foreign student admissions), recruiting, admission support services to other programs and areas, and dissemination of information about the College.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed, but not limited to:
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection, and admission of prospective students.
- Provides admissions advising and enrollment services in person, by phone, by email, and by any other social media tools. Provides information on admission and enrollment process, including admission criteria, requirements, financial aid, student orientations, placement testing, course selection, and registration.
- Reviews and analyzes applications for admission including documents such as academic transcripts, immunization records, recommendations, and any other information establishing the eligibility and qualification of student applicants.
- Responsible for assessment testing and placement of incoming students.
- Prepares orientation packets for the incoming students
- Responsible for supervising the sending of letters of acceptance or non-acceptance, and any other documentation deemed necessary for the admission process.
- Continually review the admissions procedures in place, including application forms, school profile, and other pertinent documentation related to or supporting process.
- Responsible for admissions data entry. Updates and edits any student information as needed. Maintain all documentation necessary for successful audit of student records in compliance with mandatory legal and/or local policy.
- Maintains confidentiality of student files and other sensitive subject matter.
- Distributes information to departments concerning new admitted students and any withdrawals to determine accuracy of class roster.
- Assists the student services department in day-to-day operations
- Monitors statistical reports regarding enrollment, forecasting, and operational efficiency regarding student admissions.
- Attends business meetings, mix and mingle, and other social events in the community to promote the school’s programs
- Can be called upon to organize special events that serve the purpose of promoting the organization.
- Updates and maintain, in collaboration with Student Services and Information Technology department, the school internet web page
- Assists in the development and maintenance of recruitment and marketing plan with the purpose of promoting American College of Nursing’s visibility in the community at large. This includes, but not limited to, advertisements in newspapers, open houses, and information meetings
- Maintains permanent mailing list for catalogs, mail catalogs, applications, and schedules as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Administrator
- Proactive member of the administrative staff that will help maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the campus including gathering and emptying trash, set-up and arranging chairs, takes and removes decorations as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to maintain confidential and positive working relationships with administrator, faculty, staff, parents, students, and the general public
- Strong interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Excellence in providing and modeling quality customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate ideas verbally and through writing.
- Ability to work effectively within an ethnic, cultural, and socially diverse student population
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and conform to organizational policies.
- Knowledge in information technology and computer networking. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software
- Willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and directions
- Organized, committed, and dependable.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in creating and maintaining Access database and Excel Files
- Typing skills with at least 60 WPM
- Minimum two years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Preferably with Associate’s Degree and/or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
Submit your resume and references to: email@example.com