Performance QA Manager
- Boston, MA
Senior Manager, Performance and Infrastructure QA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Senior Manager, PerfWe partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
Brief Overview :
The Senior Manager, Performance and Infrastructure QA will play a critical role in developing and implementing the testing strategy that will assure the performance, scalability and reliability of American Well solutions. The responsibilities will include QA systems installation, upgrade and maintenance, as well as the testing of complex procedures and configuration packages. Specifically, the Senior Manager, Performance and Infrastructure QA will:
· Define testing approach and determine the efforts
· Develop and maintain the performance testing framework
· Execute test scripts, collect and analyze test data, report on results and propose optimizations
· Promote performance testing best practices and provide guidance to QA engineers
· Research and implement new performance testing and analysis tools,
· Actively participate in Agile development process and collaborate with other Engineering teams on product test planning and organization.
· Manage testing of certain system components
· Work with QA management to develop test plans and schedules
· Provide input for individual performance reviews
· Minimum 7 years of experience performance testing enterprise web applications
· Minimum 5 years of team management experience
· BS/MSc degree in Computer Science/Engineering
· Expert knowledge of JMeter performance testing tool
· Expert knowledge of diagnostic tools (tcpdump, Ethereal, Oracle Enterprise Manager, etc.)
· Expert knowledge of OS performance monitoring tools
· Thorough understanding of multi-tier systems performance testing
· Excellent knowledge of SQL
· Strong programming skills (Java, Python)
· Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS, F5 BIG-IP load balancer, etc.)
· Knowledge of Web and Application servers (Tomcat)
· Linux OS experience
· Experience developing test plans, test matrixes, and schedules
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent communication skills
Should you join American Well and the Quality Assurance team, you can expect:[AG1]
Two words come to mind when you’re thinking about American Well QA organization - Quality and Passion.
Working in close collaboration with multiple teams, ranging from development to product management to visual design, we’re on the cutting edge of software technology, making a history in HealthCare.
The crew of highly enthusiastic professionals provides 360⁰ product quality coverage: functionality, performance, scalability, high availability, usability, security and many other aspects of testing required to create a world-class Telehealth Platform.
Working in Agile environment, with particular focus on automation, we’re examining all system components that include but not limited to: web, mobile, back-end, integration.
If you’re energetic, forward-thinking individual, as passionate about the quality as we are, dreaming about making the world a better place, American Well QA team will be delighted to see you joining its ranks.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Drop-off/pick up dry cleaning service
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks