SVP, Human Capital
- Boston, MA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Project Manager. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The SVP, Human Capital will play a critical role and report directly to the CEO and is responsible for developing and executing human resources strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. Specifically, in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, personnel performance management, training, development, and compensation. The position is asked to deliver strategic value by analyzing, developing and executing Human Resource strategy in collaboration with, and with accountability to, the executive management team and the board of directors.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of American Well's business objectives.
- Function as a strategic advisor to executive management of each department regarding personnel organization and management issues.
- Working with the American Well's executive management team, to establish a plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the company.
- Develop comprehensive, both tactical and strategic plans to deliver employee ongoing on-the-job satisfaction, growth and talent retention.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation plan that are competitive and cost effective for American Well.
- Provide overall planning, retention, training, and leadership development, compensation, and benefits.
- Requires a human resources executive with a minimum of 15 years of experience, who will be able to strategically and tactically evaluate and implement sophisticated HR related programs and initiatives; be able to work with a variety of organizational leadership to build consensus around HR strategy and tactics; have a demonstrated background in talent management and leadership management, as well as have a proven ability to attract and retain outstanding talent and assemble and motivate high performance teams. Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills, as well as proven organizational skills, are required.
- Preference will be given to candidates who reside in the Boston Metro area.
- Preference will be given to candidates who served in similar roles in fast-growing Technology companies
Should you join American Well and the HR team, you can expect:
The Human Resources team is a small, yet efficient team all working together to make American Well the best place to work! The department is broken down into two sections: HR and Recruitment. HR is currently working on benefits enrollment, employee relations and overall company moral. Recruitment is working hard to hire the best and brightest to join the American Well Family. The Human Resources departments’ goal is to ensure that all hiring and employment needs are met in all departments across American Well. We have a work hard/play hard environment and truly enjoy coming into work. Come join the fun!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Drop-off/pick-up dry cleaning service
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks