Client Relationship Director, Health System
- Boston, MA
Client Relationship Director, Health System
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Client Relationship Director, Health System. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Client Relationship Manager will play a critical role in for the success of American Well's relationship with assigned client accounts. Success will be measured by client growth, client satisfaction, optimizing telehealth enrollments and utilization, and the financial performance of the overall contract. The primary initial focus of the role will be to develop relationships with assigned client health plan leaders and decision makers within existing clients in order to successfully expand utilization of American Well's products and services. The role requires extensive task management around deliverables, execution of deployment/new launches, account planning, product demonstrations and explanation of features and functionality, internally interfacing and coordinating with project, marketing, clinical and product resources to support the client. In addition, the Client Relationship Director will be responsible for consultative selling and understanding new services requirements and needs. Specifically, the Client Relationship Manager, Health System will:
- Strategize with client account leads on a weekly basis on all opportunities to ensure solutions are being effectively sold; accurately forecast respective opportunities based upon realistic assessments
- Collaborate with the internal and external assigned client teams to develop a strategic and tactical plan to achieve the desired annual revenue targets
- Work with client sales support, product management and business development to complete requests for proposals/information in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Effectively implement and nurture clients to ensure optimal performance and success
- Understand clients business objectives and vision; sharing those objectives with the American Well team
- Deep understanding of American Well’s product and specifically how it is implemented and intended to be used by the client
- Provide input and suggestions to product development teams based on client feedback
- Lead presentations and site visits to prepare for and conduct client, channels, and executive site visit/presentations
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the sales process and product and service value propositions
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that reflect the core values of American Well
- Develop specific plans on how to develop new relationships
- Demonstrate service excellence
- successful candidate must have a background in working for or with health system leaders, including regulatory and reimbursement knowledge
- in addition, the candidate must have excellent presentation skills, be a skilled relationship developer, possess strong planning and organization skills, have a background in account management, product and/or professional services, and be comfortable dealing with and managing in an extremely fluid, fast-paced environment
- BS Degree required. 5-10 years’ prior experience working with or for health systems. Ideal candidate will have sold technology products or related services to health system executives
- A solid background in healthcare is a must
Should you join American Well and the Account Management team, you can expect:[AG1]
Account Management is a results-driven group of dynamic individuals, responsible for client satisfaction, program execution, client growth, and revenue generation. This is a team of problem solvers whose first goal is to ensure that American Well lives by the established mission and quality standards set forth in our commitments to our client partners.
The Account Management team has the responsibility of inspiring, growing and nurturing the company’s client partners -- assisting in their telehealth strategy, identifying opportunities to further the client’s vision, and to advance their initiatives. They build meaningful relationships with each partner and find joy in contributing to their growth and success. They are our partners’ internal champions, and work tirelessly with a variety of internal colleagues to turn vision into reality.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, energetic, never-the-same-day-twice kind of environment, then look no further. If you possess leadership and problem-solving skills, political and healthcare savvy, and a serious understanding of the corporate communications needed to speak with all levels of an organization, then American Well is the place for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Drop-off/pick up dry cleaning service
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks