- Boston, MA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Senior Accountant. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Senior Accountant will play a critical role on the Finance team. Specifically, the Senior Accountant will:
- Maintain the general ledger for multiple entities.
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable daily.
- Process payroll via ADP.
- Prepare monthly variance report, highlight and provide explanations for significant variances in operating report.
- Complete monthly financial close process including bank reconciliations, and preparing and posting adjusting entries.
- Reconcile various accounts payable and accounts receivable reports to trial balance accounts and operating statements, and complete the final review of operating statements.
- Maintain schedules supporting balance sheet accounts, capital schedules, and bank reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed assets, and provide month-end reconciliation reports.
- Provide additional financial statement and general ledger analysis as needed and participate in other projects as requested.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and year-end closes
- Provide a weekly forecast that projects a twelve-week rolling receipts and disbursements outlook
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and investor reporting as necessary
- Prepare and present budget-to-actual analysis
- Process Form 1099’s at year-end an assist with other tax related items as necessary
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required
- Assist other team members with finance matters as needed.
- Provide support to operations staff for ongoing accounting issues.
- Participate in meetings as required.
- Accounting Degree
- 3+ years’ experience in a health care company
- Oracle experience is a plus
- Detail oriented
- Understanding complicated environment
- Team Player
- Strong interpersonal skills
Should you join American Well and the Finance team, you can expect:
Accounting and Finance is a service oriented organization that is responsible for supporting the company's operations in all aspects of its business. We have deployed sophisticated enterprise resource planning solutions across the company in order to support the company’s growth to deliver actionable information to all stakeholders. The Accounting and Finance team is made up of dedicated professional team members.
Our day to day work involves dealing with complex accounting and tax matters and building sophisticated financial models to support key company decisions including cost benefit and ROI models. Our organization is charged with the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance and planning, customer claims processing and management, customer invoicing, payroll, financial systems.
If you wish to join a collaborative organization that works hard but has fun this is the place for you!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Drop-off/pick up dry cleaning service
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks