Cyber Security Analyst
- Boston, MA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Cyber Security Analyst. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Cyber Security Analyst will play a critical role in the Hosting department. Specifically, the Cyber Security Analyst will be responsible for analyzing and maintaining the security and integrity of the American Well Information Systems Telehealth data network. This position requires an understanding of Information Systems as they relate to the security and the protection of sensitive data. The ideal candidate should have a keen ability to listen to directions and follow through on assigned tasks.
- Ability to analyze and identify security solutions based on the latest industry best practices
- Follow directions, standards, and procedures to minimize system impact
- Perform and document network vulnerability scans weekly, monthly, and quarterly to meet American Well requirements
- Create reports from the results of vulnerability testing and distribute to key team members
- Configure and perform dedicated application vulnerability testing and operate software tools required to monitor and analyze network vulnerabilities
- Setup scans for detection of malicious hardware or software on the network
- Assist in managing network scanning nodes running CentOS Linux for various applications
- Configure Security Center to maximize resources and network scanning
- Identify and analyze network vulnerabilities based on latest industry attacks
- Create tracking mechanisms for reporting and auditing needs
- Familiar with network scanning tools NMAP, APPSCAN, TENABLE-Security Center/Nessus, Metasploit, etc...
- Ability to follow procedures and to identify and issues that need improvement
- Ability to communicate effectively across various levels of business
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience required
- Knowledge of information security engineering methods and technologies for IT infrastructure, web, mobility, and WAN and LAN networking
- Knowledge of researching and analyzing information security technologies and processes to meet complex business needs
- Analytical Reasoning - Applies research methodologies and statistical analysis to solve problems. Synthesizes and analyzes complex data, information and evidence in order to draw meaningful conclusions
Should you join American Well and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Drop-off/pick up dry cleaning service
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks