- Boston, MA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Database Administrator. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Database Administrator will play a critical role in the deployment and management of Oracle Databases supporting American Well telehealth installations. Specifically, the Database Administrator will:
· Manage Oracle databases supporting a 24/7 SaaS environment
· Support replication solutions such as Data Guard and Golden Gate
· Plan and install upgrades and patches
· Document new systems and processes
· Identify and address increases in system resource requirements
· Ensure strict compliance with regulations such as HIPAA and PCI
· Participate in 24/7 call rotation
· Experience managing Oracle RAC Database clusters
· Comfortable working with Red Hat Linux
· Familiar with writing and debugging SQL queries and PL/SQL packages
· Competent in a scripting language such as Bash, Perl, or Python
· Able to adapt to new goals and juggle multiple assignments
Should you join American Well and the Hosting team, you can expect:
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock. If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Drop-off/pick up dry cleaning service
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks