Customer Support Specialist
- Boston, MA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Customer Support Specialist. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Customer Support Specialist will play a critical role in the success of our relationship with our enterprise clients and end users of our technology. The Customer Support Specialist will troubleshoot and resolve complex customer issues in a timely manner. Strong communication, creative problem solving and a passion for customer service are all key attributes for this role. Specifically, the Customer Support Specialist will:
- Provides Tier 2 technical and application support through email, phone and our help desk ticketing system.
- Troubleshoots and resolves escalated tickets from American Well's Tier 1 customer support team and our Enterprise client's Tier 1 support teams.
- Monitors ticket tracking system to ensure tickets are being logged and updated according to best practices. Ensures all tickets requiring follow-up work are resolved.
- Escalates tickets when appropriate to Tier 3 support. Coordinates Tier 3 troubleshooting to ensure tickets are closed in a timely manner.
- Communicates and follows up with customers within acceptable time frames
- Works closely with other internal organizations including professional services, account management, technology, product and finance to ensure our customer's issues are resolved as quickly as possible and to ensure they receive the best customer service possible
- Develops documentation for internal and external support knowledge bases. Documentation includes support oriented updates on new product features and client configurations as well as best practices for resolving common issues.
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Comfortable understanding and explaining software products to diverse audiences
- High energy level, enthusiastic and eager to do what is necessary to be successful
- Motivated and capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and use critical thinking and problem solving to troubleshoot complex support issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to work unpredictable hours and work against tight deadlines
- Prior web-based and mobile application software support experience preferred
Should you join American Well as a Customer Support team employee, you can expect:
The Customer Support Team is a growing organization within American Well. This team exuberates excellent communication skills with all levels of management, excels at multi-tasking and displays A+ problem-solving skills.
Lead by the Director of Customer Support, the Customer Support Specialist tasks change daily as our product evolves. Working closely with internal teams, as well as with external clients and patients, trouble-shooting is a large part of this role. As the department expands, the opportunities for specialized roles are developed from within.
Telehealth is a new, exciting and evolving technology, changing the healthcare world, If you are passionate about healthcare, and would like to be surrounded by energetics, innovative team members...We can't wait to meet you!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We develop, deploy and maintain our core product in-house, allowing for product changes to be recommended, requested, and implemented based on growing company, provider, and consumer/client needs. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy, and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Drop-off/pick-up dry cleaning service
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks