Senior Software Manager
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Senior Software Manager. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Senior Software Manager to help deliver new features in our market-leading product suite on-time and of great quality. This person will lead a team of 5-10 full stack java web developers through the product development cycle while working collaboratively with the QA, Product Management, and Visual Design teams. The right candidate has experience leading teams following the agile scrum methodology and is passionate about clean execution of an optimized process.
- Manage execution of deliverables for a team of web developers
- Ensure that the agile team is collaborating productively to deliver a quality product
- Communicate status and schedule to the appropriate stakeholders
- Identify and track project risks and define mitigation strategies
- Lead daily scrums, sprint planning and review meetings
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading agile software development teams
- Deep understanding of software development, management, and release processes
- Ability to break down complex product requirements into an executable plan
- Strong cross-functional communication skills
- Strong technical understanding of web-based client-server applications
- Detail oriented, and results driven
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
Should you join American Well and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you're an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks