Business Intelligence/Reporting Developer
- 75 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Business Intelligence/Reporting Developer. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Business Intelligence/Reporting Developer will play a critical role the organization. Specifically, the Business Intelligence/Reporting Developer will create and implement new reports using Oracle SQL and Looker BI tools to support our growing business. You will meet with internal stakeholders to turn requirements into reports and dashboards. You will maintain these reports as our software platform evolves and new reporting features are required. You will need to be proficient writing reports using Oracle SQL queries and creating data transformations Looker’s LookML. You will manage your deliverables using Liquibase and Git.
· Ability to understand complex data sources
· Create sustainable, scalable reports from those sources.
· This is not a database administrator position. You will have the support of a top-notch team of DBAs, but will need to have sufficient operational experience with Oracle databases to be self-reliant for basic database administration.
· Solid understanding of data reporting/BI including the creation of optimized schemas, writing efficient SQL queries against these schemas and optimization of the resulting reports and data structure.
· Oracle SQL, PL/SQL experience is a must
· Excellent written and oral communications are a must.
· Ability to transfer knowledge effectively to consumers of the reporting system.
· Ability to work with QA to ensure that reporting quality is being measured effectively.
· Python or Java development experience is a plus
· Experience working with Git & Liquibase is a plus
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks