Senior Project Manager, Professional Services
- Boston, MA
Who We Are
Founded by industry veterans Drs. Ido and Roy Schoenberg, American Well’s mission is to improve access to quality care and make it more affordable and transparent for consumers. We do this by using mobile and web technology to remove barriers such as distance, mobility, and time.
What We Do
American Well offers software, services, and access to clinical services – everything you need to offer a complete telehealth service – whether you are a health plan, an employer, or a delivery network. Our mobile and web service connects doctors with patients for live, on-demand video visits over the internet and handles all the administration, security, and record keeping that modern healthcare requires.
American Well is seeking a motivated and energetic Senior Project Manager to join the American Well Professional Services team. This is a leadership position, responsible for the cross-functional management of the customer as well as the internal sales, technology, product, and marketing organizations. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for driving a successful implementation of the American Well telehealth solution, which meets specified objectives and requirements, and positions the client for adoption and growth of its telehealth service.
- Serves as an expert in all aspects of the American Well product; provide SME support to the Sales organization regarding the product and implementation processes during final stages of the sales cycle
- During the initial client implementation, serves as the primary client contact and managing all aspects of the implementation project. Coordinates with internal technical, QA, marketing, and visual design teams to ensure delivery according to scope and schedule outlined in the statement of work
- Manages client expectations by building relationships, communicating project status and open issues, preparing reports, managing change, and facilitating weekly meetings
- Provides functional and technical guidance to the client’s project team relative to workflow and solutions design; manages the overall requirements process to ensure system is built to meet the client’s needs
- Facilitates training sessions for the client’s project and operational teams, and end users of the American Well system, specific to each client’s business model
- Communicates project status with team members and and senior business stakeholders
- Utilizes sound judgment in assessing projects’ health; identifying, mitigating and resolving project issues and risks to on-time project delivery
- Provides ongoing support and management of new business initiatives, software upgrades, and enhancements
- Partners with the Account Manager to support client account growth; drives ongoing project activities in support of the client’s strategic objectives
- Contribute to continouous process improvements within the Professional Services organization
Knowledge, Skills, and Background Required
- Minimum 6 years of project management and/or consulting experience concurrently managing multiple large projects in a technical and cross-functional environment, leading clients and team members through large complex system implementations and integrations with aggressive delivery deadlines
- Exceptional communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills
- Outstanding time management and organization skills
- Proven history of managing teams (including direct reports) to meet aggressive deadlines, utilizing sound project management methodology (processes, best practices, tools, and templates)
- Ability to utilize effective communication or negotiation skills, employing diplomacy and sensitivity to resolve critical or escalated issues affecting the client, project team, or senior management
- Proven experience managing scope and internal/external expectations through effective negotiation and partnering
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Excel, Project, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- MBA and/or Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification preferred
- Flexibility to travel up to 30% (overnight)
American Well is located in Boston, downtown in the 75 State Street building on the 26th floor. We are 5 min walking from both North and South Station so your commute should be easy! American Well has an amazing culture and we pride ourselves on working hard but creating a fun, energetic environment.