Junior IT Engineer
- Boston, MA
Who We Are
Founded by industry veterans Drs. Ido and Roy Schoenberg, American Well’s mission is to improve access to quality care and make it more affordable and transparent for consumers. We do this by using mobile and web technology to remove barriers such as distance, mobility, and time.
What We Do
American Well offers software, services, and access to clinical services – everything you need to offer a complete telehealth service – whether you are a health plan, an employer, or a delivery network. Our mobile and web service connects doctors with patients for live, on-demand video visits over the internet and handles all the administration, security, and record keeping that modern healthcare requires.
The Corporate IT Engineer is responsible for supporting the company’s corporate IT infrastructure including all workstations, laptops (Mac and PC), mobile devices, telephony, servers, storage, network and other systems. This role requires a hands-on engineer who is up to date with current technologies and is continuously striving to increase their technology expertise.
Core Job Duties
- Support IT Help Desk function which services up to 200 end users
- Lead Help Desk and select IT Infrastructure projects for a 24/7 company
- Ability to quickly isolate issues and drive them to resolution.
- Candidates must have some experience and hands-on expertise in the following areas
- MacOS, Windows 7,8, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 required
- Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, SharePoint, Active Directory, SQL Server strongly preferred
- RedHat/CentOS Linux experience is a plus, but not required
- iPhone/iPad, Android mobile support is a plus
- Symantec Backup Exec, PGP encryption, Endpoint Protection preferred
- Basic proficiency with networking protocols including TCP/IP, SSL VPN, DNS, etc.
- The candidate must be able to follow engineering best practices and work both independently and as a contributor to a team.
- The candidate must have excellent communications skills and be presentable to executives and clients.
- Ensure timely resolution of open trouble tickets and change requests
- Manage after-hours and emergency maintenance as needed
- Provide uninterrupted service on all corporate IT resources, servers and systems
- Minimum 1-2 years of hands-on experience in a Help Desk environment.
- Experience troubleshooting Windows and Mac end-user issues.
- Industry certifications from Microsoft (MCSE, MCSM, MCITP) are preferred.
- US Citizenship is required
To apply, please send your resume, along with a brief summary of your skills, experience and professional interest to email@example.com and reference job title in subject line.
About American Well
Have you ever wanted to talk to a doctor online rather than take time out of your day to set up an appointment or wait in the emergency room? Have you ever wished that a 10 minute checkup or follow‐up didn’t require you to set aside two hours from your day? We are a web startup based in Downtown Boston offering a software service that facilitates online conversations between healthcare providers and patients. Our product is used by several regional health plans and hospitals to allow consumers to receive quality care online and provide physicians with an additional means to stay in touch with their patients.
American Well is located in Boston, downtown in the 75 State Street building on the 26th floor. We are 5 min walking from both North and South Station so your commute should be easy! American Well has an amazing culture and we pride ourselves on working hard but creating a fun, energetic environment.