Cyber Command Center Technician
- Boston, MA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Cyber Command Center Technician. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Cyber Command Center Technician will play a critical role in the Hosting department. Specifically, the Cyber Command Center Technician will be responsible for monitoring American Well’s critical infrastructure from our Cyber Command Center (C3) and respond to alerts and escalations from our support staff. Our C3 is a state of the art command center from which we monitor and maintain multiple web farms and cloud-based information systems. The C3 Technician will be exposed to the latest Information Technologies, with support from senior engineers in our Application Support, Database Admin, Network and Security Engineering, VoIP and Kiosk Operations teams.
· The C3 Technician will support 24/7 operations including daily technical routines, performing system monitoring and alert responding, trouble ticketing, joining cyber security operations, critical situation management, and incident response
· The C3 technician will track and monitor utilization trends and perform tiered escalations as required, various other duties may be assigned
· Experience in a Network or Security Operations Center
· Ability to perform multiple tasks in a priority manner
· Understanding of SNMP and log-based monitoring
· Experience working with trouble ticketing systems
· Familiarity with principles of Incident Response
· Ability to learn quickly, follow procedures, and triage technical issues
o 1-2 years of hands-on experience with technologies including but not limited to; Solarwinds, Security Software and endpoint protection, VMWare, F5, Linux administration, SQL queries, and Docker Containers are desirable
o Ability to communicate clearly to technical and executive staff
*This position requires working rotating shift schedules which includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
Should you join American Well and the Hosting team, you can expect:
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Drop-off/pick-up dry cleaning service
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks