Director of Network Engineering
- Boston, MA
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Director of Network Engineering. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Director of Network Engineering will play a critical role in the Hosting department. Specifically, the Director of Network Engineering will: be responsible for planning and coordinating engineering tasks for our local and wide area networks. You will be accountable for ensuring that we maintain 100% uptime as we continue to experience rapid sustained growth.
- Manage a small team of very talented 24/7 network/security engineers.
- Plan major engineering tasks related to all Cisco, F5 and other network components.
- Document and manage various LAN/WAN links and ensure that all network components are properly monitored and managed.
- Perform regular traffic engineering tasks to ensure all network elements and links are sized sufficiently.
- Provide budgetary guidance to executive management with recommendations for capital and operational investments.
- Identify areas to increase visibility into network and security performance. Work with our 24/7 Cyber Command Center and Operations Support Systems teams to ensure ongoing tasks are streamlined.
- 10-15 years of hands-on network engineering experience with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Cisco switching, routing and security components.
- Experience with Cisco Firepower ©, AMPS and Talos is a plus
- Extensive experience with F5 LTM, APM, ASM and other components.
- Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- CCIE, CCNP, CISSP, or other certifications are a plus
- Experience with Solarwinds NPM, Netflow, and various network monitoring tools required.
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects to deliver reliable results.
- Superb written and oral communications are a must.
Should you join American Well and the Hosting Operations team, you can expect:
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you. Overall, you can expect to:
- Join a close team of talented professionals who are changing the healthcare world.
- Get your hands dirty digging deep into network and security technologies.
- Be challenged to stand out as a leader among a team of telented individuals.
- Be supported by a mission focused team.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Drop-off/pick up dry cleaning service
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks