- San Francisco, CA
Big Data? How about a 200 GB Java heap? Is that Big Data enough? (No!)
How about 10+ TB of Java heaps spread across dozens of servers on two continents in our own data centers plus more in Amazon? (Yes!)
You are an exceptional Linux administrator who can work with others to run the network, applications and databases. Like the rest of the team, you are passionate about improving the systems through automation, monitoring everything and documenting your creations.
Is that you? Read on!
More stuff about you:
- We aren’t degree snobs. If you know your way around a 24x7 Linux site, you probably didn’t learn that in school.
- Can you code in perl, python, ruby or similar? Know Chef? Cisco? Amazon EC2, S3, etc?
- You take security seriously. We do, too.
- You like working on a team. The pager rotates through the team and across continents so you know how important good documentation is.
You have solid experience with:
- Automation – We are moving from Puppet to Chef (and Cobbler) to manage our KVMs
- Programming in any of Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.
- Data center management, replication, scaling
- Metrics and monitoring – writing custom tools and familiar with open source options
- Linux administration (the ops side of devops) – dns, nfs, rpm, apache, raid, etc.
Good if you’re familiar with:
- Multi-data center management, replication, scaling
- Mysql – replication, backups, some light querying
- Networking – Switches, routers, firewalls, vpn, etc
- Managing Java applications – but not necessary to know how to write in Java
- Amazon EC2
Founded in 2006, Anaplan is disrupting the world of Enterprise Planning Management. Our cloud-based platform provides the simplicity and ease of use of spreadsheets with the scalability and security of a traditional multi-dimensional enterprise-planning platform. This mixture of power and flexibility is unrivaled in the marketplace, and enables the type of business agility that has been promised by enterprise software vendors for decades.
Today, Anaplan is a global, venture-backed company, with over 90 customers, 145 employees and growing rapidly. We are headquartered in San Francisco’s dynamic Union Square district and offer competitive compensation and equity. We are committed to our employees’ career growth and well-being, and offer excellent benefits including highly competitive dental, medical and vision plans, 401K, commuter perks, flexible work hours, unlimited vacation and more.