Field Marketing Manager - Central (Dallas, Minnepolis, or Chicago)
- Dallas, TX
Founded in 2006, Anaplan is disrupting the world of Enterprise Planning Management. Our cloud-based platform provides the simplicity and ease of use of spreadsheets with the scalability and security of a traditional multi-dimensional enterprise-planning platform. This mixture of power and flexibility is unrivaled in the marketplace, and enables the type of business agility that has been promised by enterprise software vendors for decades.
Today, Anaplan is a global, venture-backed company, with over 90 customers, 145 employees and growing rapidly. We are headquartered in San Francisco’s dynamic Union Square district and offer competitive compensation and equity. We are committed to our employees’ career growth and well-being, and offer excellent benefits including highly competitive dental, medical and vision plans, 401K, commuter perks, flexible work hours, unlimited vacation and more.
Does attracting new customers and prospects and keeping them engaged throughout the buyer’s journey make your day? Do you pride yourself on knowing the latest approaches to drive demand? Do you strive to understand the “why” behind every campaign success or failure? Do you get excited when teaming with and advocating for Sales? Like what you hear? You may be a good fit for the Anaplan Americas Field Marketing Manager for the Manufacturing industry.
As Marketing Manager, Americas Field Marketing, , you are responsible for the development, execution, measurement and reporting of customer-facing demand generation programs that support Sales goals. You collaborate with the industry strategy and campaign development teams to define campaign requirements and develop programs. You team with our Sales organizations to optimize field readiness, alignment and follow-through. You also collaborate with web marketing, online marketing, PR, events, marketing operations and agency teams to ensure an integrated, multi-channel approach to demand generation campaigns.
The ideal candidate is a smart, resourceful and resilient self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment where initiative and innovation are required. You should be a doer and not a delegator. Your positive outlook and problem-solving skills will help you stay focused and adaptable. Your attention to detail, collaboration skills and “buck-stops-here” attitude will be critical to your success in this role.
- Develop the regional/local field marketing plans to supports sales objectives growing existing and acquire new customers in specific territories.
- Research, recommend and execute targeted regional/local marketing plans that include but are not limited to field events, partner activities, user groups, assisting with industry events/tradeshows, establishing local relationships with related associations or communities, executive roundtables, etc.
- Ensure alignment with corporate digital/demand generation programs (e.g., webinars, direct email, advertising) and if necessary localize to extend reach or impact.
- Work closely with account teams to craft account-level marketing plans for top strategic accounts
- Understand complex buying/selling processes involving multiple decision-makers for software and services purchases. Provide support through sales tools, training and market expertise to the sales force to ensure their ability to consultatively sell solutions.
- Ensure effective and efficient two-way communication between Anaplan marketing and sales teams.
- Work cross-functionally to oversee the timely execution of the field-marketing plan.
- Track and measure demand-to-close metrics across field marketing programs, optimizing resources against regional objectives
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in high technology B2B enterprise software field marketing required; SaaS/on-demand software experience highly desired.
- Segment marketing, demand creation and campaign execution experience, including event experience
- Experience defining acquisition account-based goals and objectives in conjunction with Sales. Must be comfortable providing data and insights on acquisition accounts as well as contacts within these accounts.
- CRM (Salesforce.com) and Marketing Automation (Marketo) experience strongly preferred
- Strong organizational, project management, and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Strong analytical skills to determine ROI of marketing programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or a technical field; an MBA degree is a plus