Information Security Engineer Intern
- Lehi, UT
Ancestry wants your DNA! Ancestry is currently seeking highly motivated, internet-savvy intern who can work full-time for 12-16 weeks during Summer 2017. Our summer internships allow you the freedom to experience impactful business projects that allow you to develop your talents, enjoy mentorship, and experience challenging work all while receiving fantastic pay, paid temporary housing and having a lot of fun—we have it all. Oh, and did we mention the possibility of full-time employment once you graduate?
From Marketing to Engineering, UX Design, DNA Science, Product and more, we’re looking for fresh minds and diverse ideas with an interest in connecting families and technology. Come join a diverse company of enthusiastic, talented, smart, and very passionate people who bring their A-game each day.
Internship Project Description
If you are passionate about Information Security this will be an incredible experience for you. You will work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department heads and other professionals within your discipline.
This is what you will do….
- Perform security assessments and report findings to the team
- Write code or scripts to help automate security processes.
- Perform forensic analysis on systems, devices or network traffic.
- Assist in completing compliance and incident response tasks.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience or have taken classes in information security areas
- BONUS: Familiarity with PCI, HIPPA, SOX, OWASP, Penetration Testing, Secure coding techniques and Cloud technologies (AWS)
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical or IT security field
- High level of creativity, quick problem solving capabilities and strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be currently enrolled in university with graduation dates starting in Spring 2017 forward
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.