Applications Support Analyst
- Phoenix, AZ
Anchorage Consultants is an executive placement firm located right outside of Washington, DC. Our model is based on a dual approach of utilizing our vast personal networks and technological savvy to locate and place top flight professionals in the public and private sectors. We employ a results based methodology to find the right people for the right positions.
The Application Support Analyst provides 1st, 2nd and/or 3rd level support to clients (principally law firms and the in-house legal departments of Fortune 500 corporations) using proprietary software solutions as well as third-party software applications. Additionally, the Application Support Analyst assists in supporting several proprietary chapter 11 applications. Support of applications is also provided internally to associates from several departments including Client Services, Litigation Support, Software Engineering & QA, Production Services and Information Technology.
Identify, analyze and resolve technical issues, from external clients and internal associates. Partner with internal associates (e.g., application engineers, database administrators, software engineers and quality assurance analysts) to assist in problem resolution. Document issues and work with other functional groups to develop updated processes and workarounds. This is a highly technical, client-facing role that requires superior customer service skills. This is not a Desktop Support role.
- Requires 2 or more years’ experience working with technology groups or proprietary application software support environments in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or closely related field is strongly preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a Windows/Citrix environment and familiarity with Windows and Citrix administration and Active Directory is strongly preferred.
- An understanding of UNIX and/or Linux basic command lines and light scripting skills and experience in coding/scripting with C# or PERL is strong preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL language and experience in litigation support or document management systems is also strongly preferred.
- Must have a strong client focus including solid troubleshooting and follow-up skills and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Must consistently display excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be proactive, responsible, and willing to go above and beyond to achieve client satisfaction.
- The Application Support department operates on a 24x7x365 basis. As a result, the position is on a rotating on call coverage program which includes on-call coverage during evenings, weekends and holidays.
Starting salary: $45 - $55k plus benefits
Work hours 8pm to 7am, Wednesday through Saturday