The Business Development Consultant is primarily responsible for the successful retrieval of E-Discovery sales from law firms and corporate legal departments. The incumbent will work independently to create new accounts and further relationships with existing clientele.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for actively forming and maintaining business relationships with contacts at (but not limited to) law firms and corporate in-house legal departments.
- Develop lists of potential clients and setup meetings to explain and present the services provided.
- Follow up with leads via e-mail & phone conversations.
- Engage in industry networking events to further encourage business relationships.
- Consult your clients on best practices, sharing your information and guiding them to select the correct services for their project requirements.
- Pickup of initial jobs from new clients and periodically visit existing clients to personally deliver jobs and build rapport.
- As new jobs are accepted, enter project specifications information on internal job tracking system.
- Develop project plans for jobs with designated Project Manager.
- As additional specifications are added or modified, keep job tracking system up to date while informing Project Managers of updates.
- Accountable for responding to client requests in a timely manner (generally within 1 hour or less, depending on priority).
- Keep up to date with latest industry news and relevant advances in application and technology and share these news with colleagues and Sales Manager.
- Attend weekly Sales department meetings & webinars to learn about new service offerings, client information, important court rulings, and happenings.