Alliances Product Manager
- Phoenix, AZ
Anchorage Consultants is an executive placement firm located right outside of Washington, DC. Our model is based on a dual approach of utilizing our vast personal networks and technological savvy to locate and place top flight professionals in the public and private sectors. We employ a results based methodology to find the right people for the right positions.
The profile of the successful candidate for this position includes individuals with prior product management experience from a major software firm or similar business with strong third-party and business partner alliances. Prior work experience should be with a major company which provides similar complex platforms (Dell, HP, Vmware, Amazon, Oracle, etc.) and the ability to work with partner companies at both a strategic as well as operational level serving the global organization.
The experienced candidate will drive our third party alliances management, strategy and competitive impact while also building relationships at senior levels in our alliance partner companies as well as building engagement plans for each alliance partner we have while also minimizing conflict between partners and product or operational teams.
Required Qualifications & Characteristics
In addition to the information included above, the following requirements have been established for this position:
- Considerable professional experience of at least ten years in a similar (high-tech) product management role.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or a closely related field; an advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Deep understanding of software development life cycle and development methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering design requirements & translating into functional design specifications.
- Strong visual design sense and commitment to usability.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with an ability to work effectively on cross-functional initiatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and functionality.
- Experience with project management tools, such as Microsoft Project
- Direct and indirect influencing skills and an ability to collaborate successfully with a variety of stakeholders.