- 51 Charles Lindbergh Blvd, Uniondale, NY 11553, USA
- Department: Research
Angion is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on acute kidney injury, a potentially life-threatening condition without therapeutic options. Our lead clinical asset, ANG-3777, is engineered to activate the HGF/c-MET pathway, an important mechanism in organ repair. Angion is developing ANG-3777 to meet the high unmet medical need of acute kidney injury resulting from kidney transplantation and from cardiac surgery. We are currently conducting Phase 2 and Phase 3 clinical trials with improvement in kidney function as an endpoint. Angion’s robust pipeline includes ANG-3070, an oral small molecule in development as a potential treatment for fibrosis and other severe organ damage. Learn more at www.angion.com
- Orders supplies and maintains the laboratory notebook
- Prepares data presentation and analysis as well as laboratory cleaning and organization
- Assists with manuscripts and grant applications submissions
- Under supervision, performs chemical, biological, immunologic, and microscopic assays
- Prepares buffers and related materials for the other members in the lab
- Performs basic scientific data analysis derived from experimental studies. Compiles data, graphs, figures, and reports. Maintains clear, accurate and detailed records
- Maintains reagents and consumable stock. Orders supplies, maintains laboratory instruments and laboratory stock
- Provides technical assistance to designated employees and students. Interacts in a team-oriented manner with laboratory personnel and with the P.I (Principal Investigator)
- Assists in the preparation of research papers for publication. Maintains clear, accurate detailed records of results. Compiles and analyzes research data. Prioritizes assignments based on project requirements
- Performs experimental studies with various animal species. • Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, or Immunology
- Working knowledge of lab instruments (spectrometer, microscopes, centrifuges, autoclaves, etc.) and supplies
- Experience and expertise in cell/molecular biological techniques
- Familiarity with equipment such as spectrometers, microscopes, centrifuges, autoclaves, etc.
- Strong communication (both written and oral), detail orientation, interpersonal, multitasking skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office especially Excel and Word.
- Master's Degree Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry
- 1 - 2 years Hands-on research experience
- 1 - 2 years’ Experience with various molecular, cellular, and biochemical techniques; scientific calculations, scientific graphing, and scientific data log
- Knowledge of Tissue and Cell culture, Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), reverse transcription (RT) - polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
At Angion we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
Angion is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.
Angion acknowledges that providers may be a valuable resource for identifying and recruiting candidates for employment. However, we require that all recruiters engage directly with Angion’s Human Resources Team and comply with Angion’s requirements prior to transmitting any resumes/CVs or introducing any candidates to Angion. Angion’s Human Resource Team is the only function within the Company that can enter into contractual relationships with external recruiters and recruiting agencies. As such, all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or candidate information you may submit to employees of Angion will become property of Angion and Angion will have no obligation to pay you or anyone else for the use of such information, including any finder’s, placement, introduction or placement fee.