- Dallas, TX
Anthony Travel is a full-service travel management company specializing in sports event travel. Our dedicated sports travel professionals are committed to providing the highest level of personal service to all athletes, staff members, officials and fans.
Summary of Role
The Personnel Assistant role provides administrative support to the Personnel department on all matters. The Personnel Assistant is expected to play an integral role in the Personnel department. This position will report to the Director of Personnel but will provide direct support to the Personnel Managers to implement and administer key tasks, projects and programs.
Key characteristics for success include superior attention to detail, strong organizational and task management skills, the ability to work with various personality types and a customer service orientation. This person must also possess the ability to manage multiple tasks, requests and projects at the same time and the ability to meet tight deadlines. This person must demonstrate a desire to learn and grow, and offer ideas and suggestions to streamline Personnel processes. This person must have the ability and desire to protect confidential information in every sense and display a high level of integrity and professionalism in dealing with associates and applicants. Must have the ability to anticipate needs, plan ahead, and manage time effectively. Strong computer skills are required including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
Relevant experience preferred with:
- General Human Resources
- Administrative Support
- Supports the Personnel Department in achieving departmental goals and objectives.
- Maintains data integrity throughout all Personnel processes, conducted both electronically and via paper.
- Responsible for the timely processing, completion, retention and access of employee documentation including resumes and applications, I-9 documentation, new associate paperwork, and ongoing associate paperwork records.
- Provides administrative support as needed to ensure legal compliance and consistency in all fields related to employment law, including: ADA, FMLA, FLSA, OSHA, the EEOC, ERISA, Title VII, etc.
- Performs additional clerical functions to support the Personnel department, primarily scheduling of meetings and interviews, new hire orientation, training and screening phone calls as necessary.
- Assists in hiring process by coordinating job postings, reviewing resumes, communicating status with candidates, completing reference checks when appropriate and verification of new hire paperwork and I-9 documentation.
- Assists with the processing of terminations, and exit interviews as needed.
- Participates in the planning, preparation, and execution of the performance appraisal process.
- Supports all internal personnel functions including assisting the Manager of Corporate Resources during benefit enrollment, working with associate committees on special events and fielding regular associate requests and questions.
- Assists Personnel Director with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Deep and personal commitment to the Core Values of Anthony Travel
- Strong Written Communication: Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials; excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
- Oral Communication: Excellent telephone and oral communication skills. Individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Problem solving: Individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills: Individual maintains a service approach to dealing with associates, remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things. Must have the ability to accept direction from multiple sources.
- Planning/organizing: Individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control: Individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability: Individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability: Individual is consistently at work and punctual, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Confidentiality: Must display the ability and desire to keep all information in the strictest of confidence.
- Adherence to Policy: Must understand, adhere to and assist in enforcing all Anthony Travel policies.
- Associate’s degree required.
- Two to three years of job-related experience, preferably with administrative support in a Human Resources department.
- Any similar combination of education and job related experience.
Salary range in low $30,000 annually